Might be a silly question here...

If i have a Bold and i'm in a WiFi hotspot, are the emails sent/recieved over the WiFi or GPRS connection?

This is for a BES email account.

SK
    07-07-08 12:36 AM
    Wifi...provided you have "wifi preferred" selected.
    07-07-08 12:41 AM
    When I'm roaming and connect to a wifi, my carrier "Tmobile" name suddenly pops up on my screen instead of the roaming network's name which means that it goes through my carrier's and hence also RIM's servers. So even for BES it should be the same and once the servers detect the wifi connection it shouldn't be a problem for email to go thru. Thats what I think...
    07-07-08 12:48 AM
    mmmm, struggling to fathom how all service providers in the world have access to the RIM servers?
    07-07-08 12:50 AM

That doesn't seem right.... If your roaming with a carrier that doesn't support BB your email is dead in the water?
    Yup... unless you access it over wifi, which unfortunately not all BBs can do. In fact I have been roaming on this local network in Wisconsin which never pushes my email because it doesnt have BB access. I have to be connected to wifi (which fortunately I am most of the time) to get my email because with wifi I connect to Tmo servers and only then can the RIM servers be accessed.
    07-07-08 12:58 AM
    I dont know where you are in Cali but I was in San Diego a few months back and the Tmo coverage there was great so you shouldnt have any problems.
    07-07-08 01:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD