is there something wrong here? i have the att navigator installed, like 3 applications from app world, and i have 25mb free application memory?

i heard about some applications that MIGHt have the ability to move applications to the memory card, does this work?

Also does os 5.0 (Whenever it comes out) or beta have the ability to use the microsdhc or onboard 1gb as application memory?
    07-17-09 12:33 AM
    I had poor memory utilization when I first got mine too...I upgraded to a newer OS (4.6.0.266) and my file free memory doubled.

The app that supposedly moves the application to the memory card isn't what it seems. It only temporarily moves the app files there while the program is not in use; when you want to run the program, you have to load it into system memory to run it.
    07-17-09 12:38 AM
    where can i get 4.6.0.266 ?
    07-17-09 12:40 AM
    If you're going to upgrade, you might as well go with .282, from Rogers. It can be found here, make sure you read up completely on upgrading before you do it, just so you know what to expect...it will help you get it right the first time.
    07-17-09 12:58 AM
    yeah, the out-of-the-box .167 sucked, it was slow and i couldn't even fast forward videos without it restarting. i'm on .266 with no problems...but the latest official os is always stickied at the top of the bold forums...
    07-17-09 05:35 AM
    Same... I was around 30 mb or so with no apps or anything. When I recently upgraded to .282 from rogers. I now see that I have anywhere between 43-55 mb throughout the day. And I have about 4 apps installed.

I just wish RIM stopped messing around and just allowed apps to be put on device memory or Memory cards. If that happens, I guarantee you the Apps available in the app store would be amazing, and I for one would not need to buy another blackberry for quite a while.

I heard the onyx was clocked at 624 mhz processor recently on a pre-release. That's the same as the Bold's right? I could care less about the camera. I haven't taken a pic with my Bold yet. And if I am traveling or going someplace, I usually take the digital camera with me. So the only thing really holding the Bold behind is the app memory.
    07-17-09 05:45 AM
    is there something wrong here? i have the att navigator installed, like 3 applications from app world, and i have 25mb free application memory?

i heard about some applications that MIGHt have the ability to move applications to the memory card, does this work?

Also does os 5.0 (Whenever it comes out) or beta have the ability to use the microsdhc or onboard 1gb as application memory?

AT&T navigator eats up alot of the free memory, its a good sized app.
    Up dating to another OS is the only way your going to get more memory. I recomend .247 or .266, alot of people are using .282 but personal experiance was not good for me but each phone responds differantly.
    Hope this helps.
    07-17-09 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD