YAAAA!!!! its now going to be coming on all new Rogers bolds! (just got off the phone with a rep) and its on BB's website for download too, This is Official so i hope im not breaking any rules my posting the link, if i am let me know.
    im now on my way to get my bold

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A
    10-10-08 12:50 PM
    Good to know, thanks ADAADW!

Stupid rookie question of the day, if I am a Rogers customer, would I have to delete the vendor.xml before upgrading?

I've already installed 162, but I'm going to help my brother move up from .125.
    10-10-08 01:48 PM
    Do you guys know if I can upgrade my german Bold with the SW? Or will my device be locked?
    10-10-08 01:54 PM
    Stupid rookie question of the day, if I am a Rogers customer, would I have to delete the vendor.xml before upgrading?
    No, you dont have to delete that.

Do you guys know if I can upgrade my german Bold with the SW? Or will my device be locked?
    Yes, you can, but you're the one that needs to delete the vendor.xml file.
    10-10-08 01:58 PM
    Jalahandro...You won't need to delete the vendor file since the upgrade is from your own company..so go ahead and install it just as it is!
    10-10-08 01:59 PM
    How do I delete the vendor.xml????
    10-10-08 02:00 PM
    After you install the os to your pc, and before you try to upgrade your device go to:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    and delete the file vendor.xml
    10-10-08 02:02 PM
    Great! Thanks to all.
    10-10-08 02:03 PM
    Link was just added to the sticky for .162 in the 9000 forum
    10-10-08 02:08 PM
    downloading right now... finaly rogers goes foward
    Last edited by FaBerry; 10-10-08 at 04:54 PM.
    10-10-08 02:15 PM
    So is beta .162 any different from release .162? Running the former right now, but wondering if I should go through the whole song and dance to go to the release version.
    10-10-08 02:23 PM
    FYI, Safe Mode now exists for the BlackBerry Bold on .162.
    Attachment 4986
    10-10-08 03:03 PM
    So is beta .162 any different from release .162? Running the former right now, but wondering if I should go through the whole song and dance to go to the release version.

Its still the same OS. No need to reinstall.
    10-10-08 03:06 PM
    hi.. sorry i am gonna ask a total noob question..

i live in indonesia and bought my bold in canada locked to rogers and unlocked it in my home country. with my situation in mind, would i be able to upgrade the .162 OS to my Bold?

this is my first bb.

thanks in advance.
    10-10-08 04:05 PM
    nice new software
    10-10-08 04:38 PM
    The Blackberry Bold is meant for ROGERS! I will upgrade this weekend since i'm at work now and then will be going out for drinks! But i can't wait to upgrade
    10-10-08 05:37 PM
    hi.. sorry i am gonna ask a total noob question..

i live in indonesia and bought my bold in canada locked to rogers and unlocked it in my home country. with my situation in mind, would i be able to upgrade the .162 OS to my Bold?

this is my first bb.

thanks in advance.
    I say you delete the vendor file because although your BB is originaly intended for rogers use, you are NOT using it on a rogers network and it may not recognize your sim if you do not delete the vendor file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-08 06:42 PM
    I just updated.

Odd...under Instant Messaging, Windows Live Messenger gets its own folder

I'll have to see how it works out. It will be a very quiet weekend, so no real BB workout. So, it will have to be during next week to see what improvements (or downfalls) there are.
    10-10-08 06:51 PM
    Is it worth updating if I have the version that's been on here for a while ? Any difference ?
    10-11-08 03:18 AM
    Is it worth updating if I have the version that's been on here for a while ? Any difference ?
    If you have a Bold, then almost all the posts out there suggest yes. From what I've been able to gather, the differences are more hidden (outside of plain view) than anything -- I haven't been up to date in following the different, unofficial versions out there. Everything "looks" pretty much the same on my Bold after updating last night.

I usually update my software to the latest versions anyhow (no matter on a BlackBerry, Windows, software, etc.). I know some have the idea of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Ultimately, it's your call.
    10-11-08 09:57 AM
    i forgot to delete the vendor.xml file before installing .162 on my rogers branded phone in use here in panama on cable & wireless. all seems to be functioning normally.

am i just lucky or is this file likely to cause a problem down the line?

what steps should i take to reinstall the same software w/o the file? must i downgrade and reinstall or just reinstall? or just leave it go since it seems to be working fine?
    10-11-08 10:17 AM
    careful.

I reverted back from .167 and its a nightmare.

The Rogers Mall now pops up anytime I try and access m.youtube.com including when I try and back door into it via google search. The Rogers Mall tells me to log into youtube via "friends" section of the Rogers Mall. Yet, youtube is not listed there at all...I'll be calling Rogers on Tuesday after the Thanksgiving holiday on Monday.

Is this IP filtering? It sure sounds like it to me.
    I have yet to try and access it via WiFi.

But m.moodio.fm works fine.

I'm on the 6gb BB Data plan as well.
    10-11-08 10:50 AM
    careful.

I reverted back from .167 and its a nightmare.

The Rogers Mall now pops up anytime I try and access m.youtube.com including when I try and back door into it via google search. The Rogers Mall tells me to log into youtube via "friends" section of the Rogers Mall. Yet, youtube is not listed there at all...I'll be calling Rogers on Tuesday after the Thanksgiving holiday on Monday.

Is this IP filtering? It sure sounds like it to me.
    I have yet to try and access it via WiFi.

But m.moodio.fm works fine.

I'm on the 6gb BB Data plan as well.
    I installed the Rogers version last night and ran into this issue also. Called Customer service and they installed 162 on their test units and had the same problem. Pretty much the only fix was downgrading. I downgraded to 125 then back up to the beta version of 162 and things work fine now.
    10-11-08 11:03 AM
    http://rogers.clearmode.com/URLTracker/goto?key=utube <-don't click on this with your computers.

try opening that link above with your Bold's browser and see where it takes you.

I was able to book mark that prior to the Rogers Mall coming up (which it did).

Rogers is definitly tracking URL's and putting re-directs on it.

Keeping the bandwidth suppressed I guess?
    Last edited by Spazmogen; 10-11-08 at 11:16 AM.
    10-11-08 11:12 AM
    Thos of you wit issues..

are you showing the Email setup icon under setup, or is that mysteriously missing as well?...
    10-11-08 11:27 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD