Hi,

I take no credit for this piece of information (thanks 'nickcoffer') but thought it was worthy of its own thread.

Vodafone U.K. are now listing the Bold in their Business Shop, and anyone who is interested can get all the details here.

Apologies for the brief post, but have to dash!
    08-29-08 06:23 AM
    Hi,

I have been reading this forum for some time now and decided a while ago to get the Bold. I was advised against going with Orange so have been waiting. I noticed Vodafone now have it listed and I have taken the plunge and ordered one online. Interestingly I phoned to ask some questions and the sales bloke said that they could not yet take phone orders! I have confirmation of my order but no delivery date.
    08-29-08 06:30 AM
    Well done Gnome, and welcome to CB... it will be interesting to see how long it takes to arrive!

You will have to tell us all about it when it does!
    08-29-08 06:51 AM
    Good news... GOOD NEWS! Come on and arrive... fingers crossed for September 1st.
    08-29-08 06:57 AM
    Spoke to Voda today who said it will be officially released on the 1st Sept. I have been on a retention deal for the last 2 weeks and have been promised a free Bold on release date on a 12mth contract. Will let you know what happens.
    08-29-08 07:20 AM
    Well done xhammer... a FREE Bold is always good news!
    08-29-08 07:23 AM
    Vodafone have just emailed to say they are transferring my number on the 2 Sept so I'm guessing I will have the phone by then? It will be my first BB so it will be interesting to see how it compares to my current touchscreen WM device.
    08-29-08 08:14 AM
    That is good news indeed... so far, so good!
    08-29-08 08:17 AM
    Woo hoo! Congrats to all

C'mon o2!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-08 08:31 AM
    Hmmm... still missing the price tag for bolds without contract.. don't they sell devices without contracts?
    08-29-08 03:24 PM
    No... not many providers do in the UK as they can make more money 'selling' them tied to a contract!
    08-29-08 03:36 PM
    ahhh, thanks for the quick response.

so hopefully, launch on Vodafone Germany isn't that far away
    Last edited by Steph2; 08-29-08 at 04:01 PM.
    08-29-08 03:42 PM
    I believe that it available in Germany on T-Mobile already, and O2 have just announced that they will be releasing it mid-September... or are you after an unlocked SIM free model?
    08-29-08 03:49 PM
    Yes, on TMO it's already available.. my brother got one, it works with vodafone simcard as well.
    I'm interested in the "without-contract-price" of VF Germany.
    Two weeks ago, they said that it's already listed in their system, but the last time I asked, they said, it disappeared again.

I just have to wait eagerly.. :-(
    08-29-08 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD