Hello all, I am new to this site and an old crack user. I have had the 8700g for many years and many mountain bike falls. I recently went to the dark side with an Iphone, and as of friday I changed back. Tried the other drugs but couldn't kick the crackberry habbit so I bought a bold. Ok so it lasted 2 days in its little protective cover, when I took it out to answer a call today the screen was cracked. I phoned my provider and their answer was "its a really fragile device"

so my question is this. WHY MAKE A MOBILE DEVICE SO FRAGILE!!! I have a new bold, get addicted to its fancy new speed and apps then have to go back to my 8700 with its cracked screen and bent up cover that STILL works.

booooo to rim for making the bold so fragile that a girl taking it out of its holster can crack the screen. I wasn't even that violent. To rehttp://images.crackberry.com/forum_images/icons/icon6.gif
    Coolplace it is over $800.
    I say OUCH. Stick with the older models till it gets fixed.
    09-07-08 09:51 PM
    Sorry about your Bold, I'm not sure about the device being fragile as I have dropped the Bold a few times when I did my side of testing on it and to tell you the truth it did take quite some beating but never cracked the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-08 09:58 PM
    Mine doesn't feel that fragile. Mind you I took out phone insurance for the first time ever straight away. Got my bold for free and don't fancy forking out 400GBP when I have a mishap.
    09-07-08 10:00 PM
    thats all good to hear... gives me hope. I don't think I can go back to the 8700 to tell you the truth. I will wrap it in bubble wrap and put it in an otter and try to not lean against a wall so hard. I use to take the 8700 mt biking and the screen is cracked from droppin it on a rock but it still works. I will have to have a good think. I need free bolds!!
    09-07-08 10:05 PM
    I took my new 2 days old Bold on a camping trip a couple of weeks ago. I was taking videos and pictures of my children playing near a waterfall, when my Bold slipped out of my hand and fell onto the rock I was standing on. The back cover flew off and unit fell another 10 feet into a rocky crevice.

After recovering from my shock, I scrambled down to where I though my BB was. I caught a glimpse of its shiny silver frame sitting under water, with a mini-falls hammering its little body. My heart sank as I reached into the water and took out my prized possession. To my amazement it was still turned on and functioning!

I quickly climbed back up the rocks and yanked the battery from the Blackberry. I then spent the next hour, drying the Bold using a washroom blow dryer and then leaving in the hot sun to bake.

After an hour, I replaced the battery, and to my delight it sprang back to life and has been working like a charm ever since.

Do I love it? Absolutely, I wouldn't leave home with it.
    09-07-08 10:12 PM
    when I took it out to answer a call today the screen was cracked
    right, im sure thats the norm lol....cant you tell by the 4,000 other reports here that members screens are cracking for no reason..../sarcasm
    09-07-08 10:42 PM
    I took my new 2 days old Bold on a camping trip a couple of weeks ago. I was taking videos and pictures of my children playing near a waterfall, when my Bold slipped out of my hand and fell onto the rock I was standing on. The back cover flew off and unit fell another 10 feet into a rocky crevice.

After recovering from my shock, I scrambled down to where I though my BB was. I caught a glimpse of its shiny silver frame sitting under water, with a mini-falls hammering its little body. My heart sank as I reached into the water and took out my prized possession. To my amazement it was still turned on and functioning!

I quickly climbed back up the rocks and yanked the battery from the Blackberry. I then spent the next hour, drying the Bold using a washroom blow dryer and then leaving in the hot sun to bake.

After an hour, I replaced the battery, and to my delight it sprang back to life and has been working like a charm ever since.

Do I love it? Absolutely, I wouldn't leave home with it.
    What a great story! That's just too funny and I can feel your pain and your high when you realised that it wasnt dead! If this ever happens again - it getting wet i mean - try drying it for a day or so in uncooked rice! It worked for my daughters mobile after she dropped it in the toilet!
    09-08-08 10:23 AM
    Wow, I don't know what to think of the bold. One says its tough other says its a fragile phone.. I'm on the fence on this one lol.. I'll stick to my Curve.. and hopefully it will stick in my pocket and not experience some of these stories.
    09-08-08 10:29 AM
    I had an 8700, Curve 8320 and just had a Bold for a week. My daughter had an original iPhone and now the iPhone 3G. She dropped her iPhone on to the counter and that messed it up. I never had an issue with the 8700, I killed the buttons of my curve by using it with wet hands. I haven't dropped the bold yet, it will happen. It feel slightly more fragile than the curve, but no where near that of the iPhone.
    09-08-08 11:48 AM
    My bold is rock hard lol. I dropped it for the first time in Tesco, onto there really hard floors, the back came off but other than that its perfect and still works amazingly well. I just now need to get it unlocked, but thats a different story.
    09-08-08 11:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD