Only about half show up after a full scan but they are there if I explore. Anyone know how to fix this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 11:17 PM
    Are you trying to sync songs from iTunes? If so the missing songs may be copy protected. So even if they sync they won't play / show up thanks to DRM.
    08-15-09 12:51 AM
    Only about half show up after a full scan but they are there if I explore. Anyone know how to fix this?

What OS are you running? This can be an unexplained problem some older OS - I have had it and I know it is very frustrating and not nec a matter of DRM, formatting issues or tagging as some members preach like a broken record. Basically all the music that used to be missing started turning up when I upgraded my OS about 6 months ago so try that if you haven't already

08-15-09 01:08 AM
    check the length of the directory where they are. i dont remember where but somebody had a similar problem and it was because the directory path was too deep (too many folders deep), try also checking the length of the folder name. if they all are in the same folder then ignore me XD
    08-15-09 01:15 AM
    None of the songs were bought on itunes and I transferred them by just dragging and dropping them. It probably is the os as when I had .282 it worked fine but I just gota warranty replaced bold on .167 and it doesn't. I won't be able to upgrade my os until monday probably but hopefully that will fix it

08-15-09 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD