If a thread already exists for this topic, my apologies.

I am frustration as when using either a Bluetooth device or wired headset with my Bold, when in a noisy environment (typical large city environments), my Bold mutes itself. As an example, my earpiece "goes" silent and the party on the other end hears static. When the noise subsides, both the earpiece and wired headset returns to normal.

This is especially frustrating as when I use the Bluetooth in my car, the sound ‘cuts-out’ (i.e., mutes) and I hear nothing. Similarly, as I work in a large city, the Bold consistently cuts-in and –out.

Anybody else having similar issues? RIM has told me they know of a few cases similar to mine, but offer no work-around. I have the most current OS [AT&T]. If I can’t solve this issue, I may need to switch to the iPhone.
    07-03-09 01:19 AM
    Whoa. Its like a ghostly bold lol.. I don't know.. What OS are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 01:23 AM
    Try another OS, the newest stable release is this:
    9000 OS 4.6.0.282
    07-03-09 02:33 AM
    Thank you all. Current Version 4.6.0.438
    07-03-09 02:38 AM
    Thank you all. Current Version 4.6.0.438
    4.6.0.438 is the package version. What really counts is the applications version number. Try the OS that I've linked, so far it's the most up to date. I'm running it since it's release, and I'm really pleased with it, no bugs or errors so far, and the performance is good too.
    07-03-09 04:14 AM
    Again, thank you. I've upgraded to the most current OS, however it has not helped.
    07-03-09 04:05 PM
    Try another OS, the newest stable release is this:
    9000 OS 4.6.0.282
    Personally found this problem worse w/.282. I went back to .266 and find it a bit better. Also, I have two Bluetooth devices... traditional headset is ok. Speaker type one has more issues.

I wasn't sure if the issue was related to AutoStandby. Do you happen to also run AutoStandby?
    07-03-09 04:30 PM
    No. I don't use AutoStandy.
    07-03-09 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD