hi,

so i just got my bold and have found that the mute/standby button is slightly recessed and takes some force to press it. is that how they all are? or are the supposed to click with ease?

let me know.

thanks,
    ipaqman
    05-24-09 07:41 PM
    It's intentionally made that way to prevent accidental clicks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 07:54 PM
    Its supposed to be like that, as skyrider said, but it shouldn't be too stiff and hard to press in.

05-24-09 08:10 PM
    You're fortunate. Many bold users standby keys don't work. Mine hasn't worked since day 9.

05-24-09 08:18 PM
    mine works 1 out of 10 tries and sometimes you really have to mash the button while other times it works just fine. I think there's a design flaw in the button.
    05-26-09 11:41 PM
    mine works 1 out of 10 tries and sometimes you really have to mash the button while other times it works just fine. I think there's a design flaw in the button.
    One of my Bold's was like this. I called AT&T and they sent me a replacement. This one works perfectly.
    05-26-09 11:42 PM
    Mines a little hard to press, but not too hard. I find it easier when its in its oem silicon skin.

05-27-09 12:52 AM
    yeah i mean its not that bad.... however i do have a seidio innocase on it and so the mute/standby button is really recessed.

do they make something that i can put on it that would make it easier to click? i am just afraid with continuous use it will be so recessed that i wont be able to click it. (oh and i am using the black bezel : )

let me know if there is anything that i could use to put on top of it that would make it easier to click.

thanks again for everything.

ipaqman

ps. the bold is awesome!!!
    05-28-09 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD