So I was recently given a free non-working bold. I took it to a local repair shop and it looks like the motherboard was fried. The guy told me he would call me when he found a replacement. He hasn't called yet so I'm assuming he hasn't been able to find one yet. Does anyone know if I'd be able to purchase one from rim? Or do you guys have any other ideas? I don't mind spending some money on fixing it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 05:21 PM
    You can get one from Cellular Accessories - Dopod/O2, Motorola, SonyEricsson, Apple, Sony, Alcatel, Accessories Store, Micro

05-10-09 06:24 PM
    Hmm i havnt spotted the motherboard on there. Can you send a direct link?
    05-10-09 09:39 PM
    Hmm i havnt spotted the motherboard on there. Can you send a direct link?
    It's not. I believe he was talking about the midplate. I don't know of anywhere that you can get the mainboards for the Bold, unless you buy one that has another bad component on eBay or somewhere to use. That could end up causing problems though since the PIN and IMEI could still be linked to the previous owners account.

Chris
    05-10-09 11:21 PM
    couldn't you just pay rim to fix it?
    05-10-09 11:25 PM
    couldn't you just pay rim to fix it?
    I can't foresee RIM fixing a board for an end user, especially since it has been removed and thus the warranty has been voided.

The board is by far the most significant part of the phone. There's a reason why you can buy every other piece of the phone from cnn except the board... it'd be several hundred bucks by itself.
    05-11-09 07:49 AM
    Probably cheaper to buy another Bold.
    05-11-09 08:11 AM
    I think the best would be to send it to rim or buy a new phone!

05-11-09 09:17 AM
    Looks like rim will charge me 200 to fix and 300 to replace it. I'm going to get them to replace it for me and I'm going to return my curve 8900.and save my upgrade.

05-11-09 12:48 PM
    Looks like rim will charge me 200 to fix and 300 to replace it. I'm going to get them to replace it for me and I'm going to return my curve 8900.and save my upgrade.

Good plan...
    05-11-09 01:06 PM
    There are 3 different screens that are determined by the mother board....so if you try another motherboard with that current unit....the display might not work. Just a heads up.
    08-05-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD