I've read a few posts that show after loading a few apps, the Bold's 128MB of memory is reduced to under 10MB remaining and in a few cases under 5MB (obviously depending on which apps installed)

Is the 128meg the memory used for RAM as well, or does the Bold have other RAM it uses to run the programs? I.e. if the Bold uses 127.5MB out of 128MB for apps, will it only have 0.5MB left to ensure fast running or does it have permanent, non-usable for app RAM as well?
    08-22-08 10:32 PM
    AFAIK, it has 1GB of storage on board and 128MB of RAM, so you should be safe to load a few apps. More info here: Research In Motion Blackberry Bold 9000 Specs & Features (Phone Scoop)
    08-22-08 11:11 PM
    AFAIK, it has 1GB of storage on board and 128MB of RAM, so you should be safe to load a few apps.
    Sorry Tekneakz but that is wrong. Apps cannot be installed in the storage.

I suspect that RIM uses the 128MB of RAM as a typical computer would use a HD. However, it is possible this same RAM is used also as a computer would use RAM, therefore the more apps, the slower the device. Unless, of course, RIM provides xx MB of true RAM (in the sense that nothing can be installed on it).
    08-23-08 01:05 AM
    Sorry Tekneakz but that is wrong. Apps cannot be installed in the storage.

I suspect that RIM uses the 128MB of RAM as a typical computer would use a HD. However, it is possible this same RAM is used also as a computer would use RAM, therefore the more apps, the slower the device. Unless, of course, RIM provides xx MB of true RAM (in the sense that nothing can be installed on it).
    I just listened to Episode 019 podcast and realized that I was wrong. Thank you for clearing that up also.
    08-23-08 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD