did you try using a blow dryer? or is it actually impossible to remove?
    09-06-09 04:28 PM
    did you try using a blow dryer? or is it actually impossible to remove?
    I used the blow dryer, but probably for not long enough. It would need to be extremely hot for the entire lens to come off. You'd have to see it to believe how ridiculous it is to take off.

Installing the new LCD was so simple, loved that process.
    09-08-09 11:15 AM
    i just replaced the old lens with a white one from truesupplier, you do need a blow dryer, and a thin rubber pick, like the one that comes in some of the bezel kits from truesupplier. Takes patience....only down side is that you need some sort of double sided tape to reattach the new lens.
    09-08-09 02:05 PM
    I didn't know screen protectors came out in 2008? I guess I've been using pre-release beta screen protectors for years!
    This is a pretty funny thread!

If you ruin your phone and decide that $100 is too much for new LCD, then you can spend more and buy my Bold from me when the S2 comes out.

I'll make you a great deal
    09-08-09 02:10 PM
    I used the blow dryer, but probably for not long enough. It would need to be extremely hot for the entire lens to come off. You'd have to see it to believe how ridiculous it is to take off.

Installing the new LCD was so simple, loved that process.
    Well it's not like we didn't warn you, so, if you can be so kind as to take us thru your LCD replacement process.
    09-08-09 04:34 PM
    Well it's not like we didn't warn you, so, if you can be so kind as to take us thru your LCD replacement process.
    Of course yes, you did warn me. I knew it was going to be tough, I just thought if it went horribly wrong I could buy a new LCD for $50(found that deal last week).

Basically in my attempt at removing the lens from the LCD, I took the LCD off of the motherboard. So while I waited for the new LCD, everything stayed in pieces.

When the new LCD arrived, I put some double sided tape on the back of it, put it in the plastic frame, angled the motherboard(if that's the right terminology) in on top of the keys, lcd, etc. They you just plug in the little piece hanging out from the LCD.

Yesterday I also put a new black bezel and black trackball. I feel like I have a new phone. Here it is:

OH, and also, I found a screen protector that doesn't bother me! Amazing!
    Last edited by pepsijunky; 09-09-09 at 12:06 PM.
    09-09-09 11:48 AM
    Guys;
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I work blackberry support for a co in the UK; have a tonne of screens with smashed lenses, and a load of broken screens with good lenses - and the way things are, I really need to justify my existence (or at least so the boss sees me doing something).
    So. Anyone got any tips that might separate lens from screen?. I've got about 45 or so tries (getting it right would save cash, and ensure my continued employment ). Am happy to post results (and photos...)
    09-16-09 10:55 AM
    Guys;
    Long time lurker, first time poster. I work blackberry support for a co in the UK; have a tonne of screens with smashed lenses, and a load of broken screens with good lenses - and the way things are, I really need to justify my existence (or at least so the boss sees me doing something).
    So. Anyone got any tips that might separate lens from screen?. I've got about 45 or so tries (getting it right would save cash, and ensure my continued employment ). Am happy to post results (and photos...)
    Grilling for 30 Minutes at 100c didnt work .... onto the other half's Blow Dryer tonight...
    09-17-09 04:44 AM
    Grilling for 30 Minutes at 100c didnt work .... onto the other half's Blow Dryer tonight...
    Good luck, I think it's a nearly impossible task.
    09-17-09 05:12 PM
    I just gave this a try...thought it all went well but then noticed some brownish-black splotches on my screen...dead pixels im guessing? SAD TIMES! FML =( just bought it last week too...and skrewed up the sticker went i was taking it out so no more warranty....any suggestions?
    10-24-09 02:34 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD