Hey guys.

My Bold is only like 2 weeks old, I don't have much on there but when I'm in the middle of something, like typing, or checking a website, anything, the 'hour glass' shows up like it's processing or something and then goes away. It's happening alot. Is there anything I can do to stop this? I've done the battery pull and that doesn't stop it.

Thanks again.
    06-23-09 06:07 PM
    Hey guys.

My Bold is only like 2 weeks old, I don't have much on there but when I'm in the middle of something, like typing, or checking a website, anything, the 'hour glass' shows up like it's processing or something and then goes away. It's happening alot. Is there anything I can do to stop this? I've done the battery pull and that doesn't stop it.

Thanks again.
    How much memory do you have currently? How many apps do you leave open and running in the background? Also, what OS are you running?
    06-23-09 06:09 PM
    How much memory do you have currently? How many apps do you leave open and running in the background? Also, what OS are you running?
    It's says, 858.9 free space out of 859.2mb.

Oh wait.. open apps, yikes, that might be it. lol Looking through, I do have a few that I realized I left open but don't use.

I'm sorry. *blushing*

I will close/delete those.

OS - v. 4.6.0.167

Thanks.
    06-23-09 06:14 PM
    Yes, make sure you're not leaving a bunch of apps open. You might consider upgrading the OS if you're comfortable in doing so. The stock OS is good but recent releases are leaps and bounds above it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 06:16 PM
    I'm scared to upgrade but I might just jump out there since my phone is new.

Thanks guys. I'm closing and deleting stuff now.
    06-23-09 06:19 PM
    Probably no need to delete, just keep the stuff closed and you should be fine.
    06-23-09 06:21 PM
    I deleted stuff I wasn't using and it's running fast again!

Thanks so much!
    06-23-09 06:33 PM
    And remember if you're not using an app, close it completely.
    No need for multiple running apps that aren't being used.
    06-23-09 06:42 PM
    And remember if you're not using an app, close it completely.
    No need for multiple running apps that aren't being used.
    Very true. I didn't realize I had like 4 weather programs and they were open. LMAO! This is my second blackberry, I'm still learning. lol
    06-23-09 06:44 PM
    I'm on my second one too, but I learned all I could on my first one LOL.
    Keep your running apps low, and to the point. If your running multiple messengers (YIM, MSN, ICQ, etc) get a all in one client, especially one that can run them all at the same time. It can and will save battery. Multiple Tweeters, bad idea, etc. Pick one and stick with it. Make sure you know what programs by default run and hoard when simply closed as well.
    So far I have twenty apps, about fifteen are use whenever necessary, the rest are always used: TweetGenius, Viigo, Beejive, Slacker, and YouMail VVM. Their are the odd occurances of a hard reset from time to time, but I've never seen my mem drop below 20 now with the latest OS.
    Last edited by JohnMidnight; 06-23-09 at 06:52 PM.
    06-23-09 06:48 PM
    I took of blackberry world app thingy and that seems to stop it from the lagging thingy.

I have Tweet Genius on but I use UberTwitter more. So I might take TG off.
    06-25-09 03:20 PM
    I had issues with App World also.
    06-25-09 03:23 PM
    I took of blackberry world app thingy and that seems to stop it from the lagging thingy.

I have Tweet Genius on but I use UberTwitter more. So I might take TG off.
    I ran into issues when having Ubertwitter and TweetGenius both installed. Apparently, UT has some hooks that start up and will interfere with TG. Not sure if that would also cause issues (if TG wasn't even running), but that's something to consider.
    06-25-09 03:43 PM
    Oh ok. I just took TG off.
    06-26-09 11:15 AM
    Upgrade would make a big diff
    Dont worry , upgrading wont do anything to ur device .. u can always downgrade if u want
    06-26-09 11:40 AM
    I'm going upgrade. Alot of folks are saying I should upgrade to fix this issue I have. *cries*

Thanks guys. I'll let you know what happens. I still have a few days left until I can't exchange with no isses.
    06-29-09 02:09 PM
    I upgraded form .162 or .167 something like that. I went .266 and let me tell you, you could feel the diff after 1 day of using it.
    I was scared to brick my phone but I found so much good info on this site that it was almost dummy proof.
    Good luck its a great phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 05:53 PM
    I tried the wireless upgrade it now it wont' come on.
    06-29-09 05:54 PM
    what happens, does the LED blink?
    06-29-09 06:16 PM
    Nope, nothing at all.
    06-29-09 06:41 PM
    I say upgrade to .282. I was having the same issues on AT&T with my bold that I'd had since March. Lagging like crazy, memory draining constantly, and it was to the point that 1/2 my calls were dropping or I was clocking. I got them to send me a replacement, uploaded to .282 based on AT&T's suggestion (WHO knew?) and I am loving it. No memory issues...I now stay between 48k and 38k, never have to reboot during the day, running many apps, including bb app world, and can send a mms without it taking 2 min. Good luck.
    06-30-09 12:07 AM
    if its still lagging and you just dont feel like doing anything about it, just give your provider a call and tell them your getting dropped calls, and they will send you a new phone! worked for me
    06-30-09 12:42 AM
    I got the new phone today. And I'm thinking about upgrading. I'll do it right this time.

Thanks so much everyone!!
    06-30-09 01:32 PM
    I got the new phone today. And I'm thinking about upgrading. I'll do it right this time.

Thanks so much everyone!!
    Good luck....im sure you will do fine, it's easy
    06-30-09 01:47 PM
    How did the upgrade go?
    07-06-09 12:20 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD