Hi guys, my bold has been great to me for the last 3 months, but just today, it started acting up. The trackball can scroll, but when i press down on it it no longer selects.Also, the back button does not function correctly: sometimes it will bring up my contacts, or even open up my messages. Another problem that occurs occasionally is when i press the L button, it will type an Hl for some odd reason.

could reloading the os help at all? or any other suggestions? thanks
    08-20-09 11:50 PM
    Reloading the OS could help, you might need to get a replacement though
    08-21-09 12:00 AM
    I think its hardware issue..Go for repairing/replacement..
    08-21-09 12:25 AM
    Take it to the store and ask them to arrange for a warranty replacement..
    08-21-09 03:53 AM
    thx for the replies guys. i talked to a customer rep today, and he told me that i would have to get a refurb from att directly, and send my defunct phone back. i really really do not want to do this, because my phone is basically brand new, but the trackball still isnt working.

i was also told that if i took the time to fix the trackball myself, that would void the warranty. grrrrrr

has anyone had a similar issue with the trackball? can it be fixed without getting a refurb?
    08-22-09 01:53 AM
    if you attempt to fix the trackball you void the warranty and there's no way around it. Don't worry about getting a refurb because its gonna look newer than your current unit and will more than likely perform better. The best thing you can do is get a warranty replacement because its not gonna pay to void your warranty 3 months into getting your Bold.
    I got my last device replaced for a similar trackball issue and couldn't be happier with the refurb they sent me.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by JD914; 08-22-09 at 05:35 AM.
    08-22-09 05:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD