i tried searching for help on this topic, but did not find anything. Hope didnt miss anything.
    my BB Bold occasionally just shuts itself off. not sure why. any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thank you
    12-20-08 01:02 AM
    I'd try reinstalling the OS without installing any apps first as some of them might be conflicting and causing it to crash. If that doesn't help I'd exchange it for a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 01:22 AM
    Also to go along with FightClub, try running the device without
    the memory card if you have one. You may need to copy the
    contents to your PC, format the card and copy the contents back.
    12-20-08 01:41 AM
    I'd try reinstalling the OS without installing any apps first as some of them might be conflicting and causing it to crash. If that doesn't help I'd exchange it for a new one.

Thanks for the suggestion Fightclub. problem is.....almost too embarassed to even say......i am completely new to the BB world and have no idea how to reinstall OS system.
    in fact, i am new to all this technical stuff that i dont even know what it means to reinstall the OS system.
    12-21-08 11:59 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion Fightclub. problem is.....almost too embarassed to even say......i am completely new to the BB world and have no idea how to reinstall OS system.
    in fact, i am new to all this technical stuff that i dont even know what it means to reinstall the OS system.
    No need to be embarrassed buddy...ive only had my Bold for a couple of weeks and i, myself was kinda scared as well but its one of the most easiest phones to get on with.

As for your problem??...perhaps posting in the Bold part of the forum might get you the answers u need. Otherwise im pretty sure theres a thread here on how to install a new o/s onto your phone. You need to do a search but really i would suggest you re-post your problem in the Bold part of the forum and you will get help there.
    12-22-08 09:26 AM
    Make sure the SIM card is secure and the battery is properly mounted, any jiggles could make the phone shut off.
    12-22-08 10:31 AM
    what 3rd party apps do you have?

12-22-08 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD