I have tried many things already. My friends' bold just keeps restarting even after wiping and reinstalling many different OS'. I dont know what else to do. Even after a wipe if the phone is left alone it restarts and it says the following ADC STUCK and after pressing the trackball it continues the loop. The bold will not restart itself when plugged into a computer through usb but it will restart when charging on the wall charger. PLEASE HELPPPPPPPPPPP
    07-26-09 03:41 PM
    Also we now found out that even after powering down the phone it turns on and starts the cycle over

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 07:16 PM
    Can you just get it exchanged?
    07-26-09 07:21 PM
    Can you just get it exchanged?
    It was bought from craigslist that's why we're looking for a fix and don't wana sell it messed up.... I know there has to be a fix I just need to be pointed in that direction lol

07-26-09 07:31 PM
    It was bought from craigslist that's why we're looking for a fix and don't wana sell it messed up.... I know there has to be a fix I just need to be pointed in that direction lol

Ahh..I see..I wish I could help. Sorry.
    07-26-09 07:32 PM
    Ahh..I see..I wish I could help. Sorry.
    Its ok thanks though!

07-26-09 09:00 PM
    Its ok thanks though!

Wipe the phone completley, use crackmem, download and install .282. Pull the battery, post results

07-26-09 09:09 PM
    The best place to start is a whipe and restore to factory settings. If not call rim and let them know that one of their device needs dan akroyd and bill murray

07-26-09 09:29 PM
    Wipe the phone completley, use crackmem, download and install .282. Pull the battery, post results

I've done that too many times.... Including restoring to factory settings.... And I load .266 don't really like .282 but I did try it once.... It works perfect on my phone but on the phone I'm trying to fix it still restarts.... Even when wiped and left without an os it restarts!!!! So idk what's happening. And calling rim they would charge me.

07-26-09 10:12 PM
    As in a HARD reboot? Like you had actually pulled the battery?

Tried replacing the battery itself?

Make sure you also check the Bolds contacts for the battery, make sure they are nice and shiny and not dirty (dirty meaning black speckies on them)
    07-26-09 10:27 PM
    Even when wiped and left without an os it restarts!!!!
    wow, never heard of that before, that pretty much rules out the operating system......dont know what else could be done....
    I've done that too many times.... Including restoring to factory settings.... And I load .266 don't really like .282 but I did try it once.... It works perfect on my phone but on the phone I'm trying to fix it still restarts.... Even when wiped and left without an os it restarts!!!! So idk what's happening. And calling rim they would charge me.

You might want to try wiping it with MFI multiloader (It's like an unlocking MEP process)

Look for the "unlock bb article" in here

It wipes everything in the device, not only the OS.
    You might want to try wiping it with MFI multiloader (It's like an unlocking MEP process)

Look for the "unlock bb article" in here

It wipes everything in the device, not only the OS.
    Can you pm me on exactly how to do it? I already have the software and I know its frowned upon here but I really need help.... Thank you!!!

07-26-09 10:42 PM
    As in a HARD reboot? Like you had actually pulled the battery?

Tried replacing the battery itself?

Make sure you also check the Bolds contacts for the battery, make sure they are nice and shiny and not dirty (dirty meaning black speckies on them)
    We ordered a new midplate and the contacts are nice and clean.

07-26-09 10:43 PM
    @Jstray

Just follow the exact unlocking process, It will wipe your ROM and everything in the device. If the loop still occur after you wipe it with MFI, then it must be a hardware problem. I'm an indonesian, so pardon me for bad english.
    Last edited by Raven Valkyrie; 07-26-09 at 10:55 PM.
    07-26-09 10:51 PM
    @Jstray

Just follow the exact unlocking process, It will wipe your ROM and everything in the device. If the loop still occur after you wipe it with MFI, then it must be a hardware problem. I'm an indonesian, so pardon me for bad english.
    Alright I will try that tomorrow I wish I had the phone with me now to attempt it but unfortunately I don't.... I hadn't thought about that but it does make sense that it would fix it.... And hey your english is better than many people who were actually born here lol so thank you for your help I will be posting the results tomorrow morning as soon as I get my hands on the phone!!!!!

07-26-09 11:20 PM
    Good luck, I hope it will solve the problem..
    07-27-09 07:42 AM
    Good luck, I hope it will solve the problem..
    It did not solve it. Even after i nuked it with mfi it still restarts. what I would like to know is why it only restarts when it is not being used. If there is something running on the phone it will not restart, even when plugged through a usb port it won't restart. I don't want to give up yet there must be something more I could do. My friend thinks rebranding it might fix it. Anyone know where I could find the Att vsm file for the bold? I haven't been able to find it anywhere please pm if you have it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    07-27-09 12:32 PM
    I don't think rebranding it will solve the issue. I have all carrier's vsm, are you sure you want at&t? anything else you want? Just name it, i will upload it to my server.
    07-27-09 12:40 PM
    I don't think rebranding it will solve the issue. I have all carrier's vsm, are you sure you want at&t? anything else you want? Just name it, i will upload it to my server.
    just a link to download it and that would be all> You're awesome thank you for your help!
    07-27-09 12:41 PM
    There you go AT&T VSM
    07-27-09 12:46 PM
    There you go AT&T VSM
    Thanks a lot man no one on CB has ever helped me as much as you have. Now hopefully someone reads this and has a fix for the bold lol. I downloaded the vsm and I'm still trying some other stuff but I will be uploading the vsm into the bold a little later and will be posting results.... even though I doubt it will do anything since MY bold is unbranded and never had that problem.
    07-27-09 12:51 PM
    I'm happy to help

but too bad it didn't solve the problem..
    07-27-09 01:02 PM
    I'm happy to help

but too bad it didn't solve the problem..
    it's ok..... If I can't fix it he will just pay the $130 for insurance to replace it......
    07-27-09 01:04 PM
    Good luck then..
    07-27-09 01:20 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD