bump. really need help - just happened again browsing the web
    06-28-11 01:24 PM
    bump. really need help - just happened again browsing the web
    I had an endless boot a couple of months ago. Someone here suggested deleting apps to free up some memory. When I got to 150mb of free memory, the reboots stopped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-11 07:11 PM
    i only have facebook and twitter installed, so that cant be the problem
    06-29-11 03:56 AM
    After I did a security wipe it seemed to help, but if I use my camara to much it doe it again, finally decided to leave bb.

06-29-11 07:14 AM
    After I did a security wipe it seemed to help, but if I use my camara to much it doe it again, finally decided to leave bb.

Have you read this

http://forums.crackberry.com/f172/st...-arghh-494289/
    06-29-11 07:42 AM
    I have been calling VZW CS about a memory leak in my phone for the past 3 or 4 months. Everytime I call they say they have never heard of such a thing. Every technician reads from a script and no one has any answer except to re-load the OS. I agree with what you said. Maybe it's time to stop blaming RIM and blame the carrier CS and/or technicians who have no idea what to do with a problem. I have had 4 devices since June and they all leak. No one has any idea what to do.

But no, I am not leaving Blackberry...
    All VZW reps are like this, and I think people are getting tired of it. There seems to be a lack of actual hands on training, and instead rely on reading a script all the time. Same thing happened when my g/f had issues with her Thunderbolt
    06-29-11 08:34 AM
    I had same issue. After reading many posts, it pointed me to downgrading the OS from 6 to 5. That solved the issue. While not as flashy for an OS, it appears far more stable! My only issue has been that Blackberry Task Manager went away. Have not been able to recover that.

Also, for those who have run into this same power/rebbot issue with 6 and have downgraded, I would like to know what OS version they are running that stays stable? I have v 5.0.01030. Works ok, but I have read others stating ".547" appears to be stable... If that is the case, can somebody point me to the link for sprint for this OS?

Thanks!
    06-30-11 09:30 AM
    I had same issue. After reading many posts, it pointed me to downgrading the OS from 6 to 5. That solved the issue. While not as flashy for an OS, it appears far more stable! My only issue has been that Blackberry Task Manager went away. Have not been able to recover that.

Also, for those who have run into this same power/rebbot issue with 6 and have downgraded, I would like to know what OS version they are running that stays stable? I have v 5.0.01030. Works ok, but I have read others stating ".547" appears to be stable... If that is the case, can somebody point me to the link for sprint for this OS?

Thanks!
    You do know that the random reboot issue goes back to OS5, right? And there is no 5.0.0.547, I think 621 was the earliest 9650 build.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 06-30-11 at 09:51 AM.
    06-30-11 09:48 AM
    hmmm....Thanks. Was not aware of that! So, the wipe and reinstall of a different os seemed to clear up the issue, for waht ever reason. With all the users out there, I am surprised that RIM has not nailed this one yet. I see that you are a bold user and are running OS 6. Are you having the same reboot issue?
    06-30-11 04:45 PM
    hmmm....Thanks. Was not aware of that! So, the wipe and reinstall of a different os seemed to clear up the issue, for what ever reason. With all the users out there, I am surprised that RIM has not nailed this one yet. I see that you are a bold user and are running OS 6. Are you having the same reboot issue?
    06-30-11 04:46 PM
    I have only had one random restart, it was about a year ago when I had 5.0.0.732. It was camra related. If going to OS5 helped then stick with it, but just know it may happen again.

06-30-11 07:45 PM
    how can the battery be almost two yrs old? the phone came out in 5/2010, that's not even a year.

I know this won't resolve my issue being I am on my second 9650 which I got 2 months ago.
    Sorry haven't been on in awhile. My battery was the same one I used in my Tour it was an extended battery so when I got the Bold I switched it from the Tour to the Bold.
    07-03-11 12:27 AM
    I had this restarting/rebooting issue since I got the OS 6 update a few months ago. Early last week, I updated to the latest OS 6 bundle 1741 and have not had a single auto-reboot at all. Knock knock. I didn't do a wipe -- but did delete a couple of apps like facebook/twitter before I upgraded. So far so good.
    07-03-11 06:41 PM
    also, I now notice that there is a new bundle available (2333) and probably won't install it -- unless it becomes necessary.
    07-03-11 06:43 PM
    Lol I thought it was just me, my bold keeps turning off or restarting at the weirdest times
    07-03-11 07:10 PM
    I've posted here several times about my 9650 rebooting, wiping, re-installing, getting a new phone with OS6 already on it, etc. I thought it was related to the lousy signal at my home in Wisconsin. After moving to Colorado and living there the past month and a half, my phone never rebooted once during that entire time. I get back home to Wisconsin, and within 24 hours it reboots. This never happened until I went to OS6. Here's hoping 2333 had fixed the problem.
    07-04-11 03:17 PM
    I noticed that with one of the batteries that I have, when I slap it sharply against, say the side of my leg, it resets. Poor connection or something. Only that battery suffers the problem, but I notice it since I enjoy twirling my phone and slapping it against my thigh when sitting down. A very specific issue I noticed, but may be happening to you!
    07-05-11 06:05 AM
    I noticed that with one of the batteries that I have, when I slap it sharply against, say the side of my leg, it resets. Poor connection or something. Only that battery suffers the problem, but I notice it since I enjoy twirling my phone and slapping it against my thigh when sitting down. A very specific issue I noticed, but may be happening to you!
    Waiting..................................
    07-05-11 07:50 AM
    Not singling you out umbepo, but I am surprised at the same issues coming up time after time in a thread on OS6 reboots. Applications could be a problem, bad installs, just do a wipe and reinstall, SD cards loose, it happened with other OS's, camera causes it, loose battery connections, etc.

This has happened to me with multiple re-installs, same applications after skipping installing them for three days, same SD card and two different phones. The only thing common to all with my phone is OS6 and the signal here in Wisconsin....carried over US Cellular towers.

I spoke with a former co-worker today who has the same phone on Sprint. As soon as she upgraded to OS6, her reboots started so bad it was rebooting several times a day. She took it in to Sprint, was told she had to leave it with them a couple hours, got the phone back and it's still rebooting. I forgot to ask, but I bet Sprint is also carried over US Cellular towers.

She has poor signal quality at work and at home. Her phone never rebooted prior to upgrading to OS6.

Something changed with OS6, and it continues with the latest release, and customers have to suffer for it since RIM refuses to address it. Given the number of customers across multiple carriers that have the problem, RIM should address the problem rather than ignore it. It won't go away, but customers will.

Edited to add: I never slap my phone around, bounce it around, etc. The reboots have almost always happened while sitting on the arm of my chair, or on my desk at work.
    Last edited by 91Veteran; 07-05-11 at 11:31 PM.
    07-05-11 11:29 PM
    This has happened to me with multiple re-installs, same applications after skipping installing them for three days, same SD card and two different phones. The only thing common to all with my phone is OS6 and the signal here in Wisconsin....carried over US Cellular towers.

I spoke with a former co-worker today who has the same phone on Sprint. As soon as she upgraded to OS6, her reboots started so bad it was rebooting several times a day. She took it in to Sprint, was told she had to leave it with them a couple hours, got the phone back and it's still rebooting. I forgot to ask, but I bet Sprint is also carried over US Cellular towers.

She has poor signal quality at work and at home. Her phone never rebooted prior to upgrading to OS6.
    This is why some people have better luck with one OS and not another. Did you ever try the 522?

Something changed with OS6, and it continues with the latest release, and customers have to suffer for it since RIM refuses to address it. Given the number of customers across multiple carriers that have the problem, RIM should address the problem rather than ignore it. It won't go away, but customers will.

Edited to add: I never slap my phone around, bounce it around, etc. The reboots have almost always happened while sitting on the arm of my chair, or on my desk at work.
    Actually you can't blame RIM, they have reworked OS6 many times and have sent 6.0.0.600 to the carriers. It is the carriers that are holding up the release of new OSs. I'm not saying a new OS will cure all the woes people have with their BBs, Just that RIMs development team is still working on them.
    07-06-11 10:36 AM
    Blackberry Bold 9650 Software Update to 6.0.0.600

Information and Instructions for the Blackberry Bold 9650 Software Update.
    Customers: Blackberry Bold 9650 Customers Effective Date: 7/01/11 (all dates are subject to change)

The software update for the Blackberry Bold 9650 fixes the following issue:

Reset issue on 6.0 upgrade
    SMS Scroll issue
    Device roaming improvements

I have tried both OTA and the blackberry.com/update nothing is working yet.. This is official for Sprint's 9650.. Just a sales rep passing along an email I received this morning. As a frustrated 9650 user I was so happy to see something being done I wanted to share..
    07-06-11 11:22 AM
    Thanks for sharing Greatfuldad. Any news on when this will be released?
    07-06-11 11:34 AM
    i need this asap... i was talking on the phone today and then my phone went into an endless bootcycle with no way to save it unless i take the battery out, plug it in, then reinsert the battery.

i hate this phone now.. need this upgrade!
    07-06-11 12:00 PM
    the only date in the email was 7.1.11

I am hoping any minute now.. I keep checking my device, then sprint.com/downloads, and then blackberry.com/update in true addict fashion..

No "internal" downloads as far as I see..
    07-06-11 12:19 PM
    the only date in the email was 7.1.11

I am hoping any minute now.. I keep checking my device, then sprint.com/downloads, and then blackberry.com/update in true addict fashion..

No "internal" downloads as far as I see..
    Thanks, I talked to another Sprint sales rep who got the letter on the 1st and have been checking quite often myself.
    07-06-11 12:48 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD