I have had difficulty recently with my Bold freezing after restart. It is a new Bold (replaced for a dead trackball).
    Running 4.6.0.282.

I have a number of apps which were previously stable (Epocrates, Lexi-comp (medical), Beyond 411, 3 Magmic card games, Mobipocket reader, PodTrapper, Viigo, quicklaunch, Nobex, Quickpull 2, Poynt, Quicklaunch, Weathereye, and a few web launching apps. 32 Meg Free.

The reinstallations went OK, except for an oddity with the BES activation, where the time stamp on emails is consistently a few minutes later than the stamp on the email it corresponds to in outlook.

When I reboot, it always takes a very long time (compared to same OS on the prior Bold). Main problem is that it frequently hangs on the white screen with spinning clock (it still spins). Sometimes, it gets as far as passing security and freezes when I try to log in (usually right after it says it failed to find my bluetooth car). I have tried using desktop manager which sometimes allows it to go through. I have tried restoring to a saved version.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Kurt
    07-16-09 08:26 AM
    When you reinstalled everything, you may have changed some settings. Sounds like you potentially have a lot of different things launching at startup. I would go back through everything and turn off all Open at Startup type settings.
    07-16-09 08:35 AM
    Sorry for the Newbie-type question, but it is not obvious to me how to limit apps that load at startup. Judging from the App Switcher, the open apps at startup are Epocrates and Mobipocket. The remainder are blackberry apps (phone, internet, messanger, mail). I was able to turn off Mobipocket. I don't see an option to turn off Epocrates. Is there another way to see what is happening at startup?
    thanks,
    07-16-09 08:47 AM
    Go into each app and go through the settings, usually called Options in their menus. Turn off anything that updates in the background or launches at startup. Not sure this is your issue, but it's a good idea anyway.
    07-16-09 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD