i can almost guarantee that it isn't gonna be august 19th cuz i'm sure it would be announced at least a week before, plus there would be signs of it in the rogers system, like on sales central or on the purchase order form.
    According to people on hofo, it's been in some Rogers systems for a little while already.
    08-12-08 06:26 PM
    Talked to my Rogers contact as far as he knows its still next week.
    08-12-08 06:47 PM
    Awaiting the U.S. arrival (AT&T that is)
    08-12-08 10:39 PM
    Awaiting the U.S. arrival (AT&T that is)
    plse tell me what i heard on that pod cast isnt true that they may push it to october? ill scream!
    08-12-08 10:50 PM
    My best friends ******** gay niece says this Friday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

LMAO. You're sick
    08-12-08 10:54 PM
    plse tell me what i heard on that pod cast isnt true that they may push it to october? ill scream!

Anything is possible. I noticed the lust for this phone has stopped with my boss as he is a die hard RIM fan. He is just tired of waiting.
    08-12-08 11:13 PM
    we are all tired of waiting. but when i think about it, i'd rather it be delayed for a good reason rather than a rushed release like the iphone 3g. i mean i only want the bold because i though it was coming out soon. its not cuz i have a problem with my curve or anything or that my mobile communication needs weren't already being met, its just that i wanted the latest and greatest that RIM had ot offer.

i mean if anyone has read anything recently about the iphone, you know how negative its been. the mobile me service is down more than its up. apps on the phone are crashing, the phone/apps are freezing, the touchscreen/scrolling responsiveness is wacky. now they did just release an update that fixes a bit of this, but tons of people are still reporting issues with getting reception and other network related issues.
    T-Mobile Netherlands puts reception issues on Apple | One More Thing - CNET News.com

but at the end of the day, i am a crackberry adict. if i had a magic genie under my control, i would wish for the bold ot be released NOW. i don't mind an early september release, but october seems to be pushing it.
    08-12-08 11:24 PM
    Bold launch kit has arrived at Rogers dealers. This pic is courtesy of treatz.

Last edited by carsmovies; 08-13-08 at 11:05 AM.
    08-13-08 10:42 AM
    Bold launch kit has arrived at Rogers dealers.

Hopefully its tomorrow.
    i doubt it.
    will have to wait one month till im back. :@
    MORE WAIT
    08-13-08 10:47 AM
    Still on track as of this afternoon for Aug. 19th. Guess who's gonna be first customer at Roger's next Tuesday morning?

I even called my guy to put 2 Bold aside for me (always good to have a spare one).

Not price confirmation yet for a no contract or monthly contract agreement.
    08-13-08 12:20 PM
    lol thatd look awsome on the wall
    humungus bold
    Last edited by tattoobabygirl; 08-13-08 at 12:33 PM. Reason: clicked quote by mistake
    08-13-08 12:33 PM
    There hasnt been an actual date set for the release. its just speculation, but i work at rogers plus and we havent been notified of the date yet. but i do believe that this is true because of upcoming meetings and trainings.
    No, there IS a release date. And theres been one for almost a month now. You might not know it, but there definitely is one.
    08-13-08 12:43 PM
    We should make a pool.

$5 on Aug. 19th.

Anyone?
    08-13-08 04:36 PM
    We should make a pool.

$5 on Aug. 19th.

Anyone?
    Lol, Im so glad im going on vacation to the states i can finally make calls on my pearl and stop worrying about the BOLD coming out for a couple of days. I will be back on Wednesday and i hope to be able to go to a Rogers store and upgrade.
    08-13-08 05:09 PM
    Wow.... it looks like I will need bigger pockets

Bold launch kit has arrived at Rogers dealers. This pic is courtesy of treatz.

08-13-08 09:01 PM
    away from the office on business and just got back online...great find but wish someone will get us information on AT&T
    08-13-08 11:25 PM
    Alright so I am a best buy employee and we received the same promo kit the rogers stores did and the previous posts were correct.

We have our demos out for display with a sku number and the contract price. 3 years on Rogers will be $199.99 to compete with the iphone. However I don't believe we have a set non contract price. its going to be anywhere between $549.99 - $699.99.

The Aug 19th date seems to be legit though I can't confirm 100%, our system shows them on order for the store but not a date. When other products are shown on order, they are usual shipped by the following week.

Lets keep our fingers crossed Rogers doesn't screw us and change everything. I have a close friend of my father who works for RIM and she said that in fact the Bold's have been ready to go since the beginning of July. It was in fact Rogers who couldn't get their act together with pricing and dates.... but what else is new! Typical Rogers antics.
    08-14-08 01:04 AM
    I called rogers and told them I was interested in a BB bold and that I was from the states. a rep. Said all I have to do is when ordering the phone to purchase a month to month plan and cancel anytime so I can use with my t-mobile sim card.
    08-14-08 06:28 AM
    WOW!

$199 on 3yr....Iam shocked!

Sorry, no offence to you but i cant believe it until i see it.

I hope you are right.
    08-14-08 08:33 AM
    I almost smell strings attached on the 199$ 3 year deal.

snif snif...

P.S Ok Rogers, just release the damn thing, summer is almost over.
    08-14-08 09:18 AM
    I almost smell strings attached on the 199$ 3 year deal.

snif snif...

P.S Ok Rogers, just release the damn thing, summer is almost over.

The strings attached will be with 3 Year Voice, and 3 year Data plan. Same as usual
    08-14-08 09:38 AM
    Roger that
    08-14-08 09:52 AM
    Alright so I am a best buy employee and we received the same promo kit the rogers stores did and the previous posts were correct.

We have our demos out for display with a sku number and the contract price. 3 years on Rogers will be $199.99 to compete with the iphone. However I don't believe we have a set non contract price. its going to be anywhere between $549.99 - $699.99.

The Aug 19th date seems to be legit though I can't confirm 100%, our system shows them on order for the store but not a date. When other products are shown on order, they are usual shipped by the following week.

Lets keep our fingers crossed Rogers doesn't screw us and change everything. I have a close friend of my father who works for RIM and she said that in fact the Bold's have been ready to go since the beginning of July. It was in fact Rogers who couldn't get their act together with pricing and dates.... but what else is new! Typical Rogers antics.

Will you be able to ship them to the US??
    08-14-08 10:14 AM

Hmm... well compared to the photo below of a flyer Rogers stores have received (originally posted by someon on hofo), it looks like it's firm at $399...

08-14-08 12:57 PM
    Hmm... well compared to the photo below of a flyer Rogers stores have received (originally posted by someon on hofo), it looks like it's firm at $399...

I was told 399 on a three year term back in June when the BOLD was first supposed to come out. 399 seems much more realistic than 199 and about competing with the iPhone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong but the BOLD is far out of the iPhone's league.

On the bright side, I am not one who likes having the same phone everyone else has, so you know what? I am cool with the 399, so cool that I will even take two!
    08-14-08 01:01 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD