Just got my bold a few weeks back and I have both the OEM holster and skins. Skins take away from the hotness of the bold (i.e. hide leather back, chrome bezel, etc..) and so I have found myself going naked and using the holster. I worry though that the naked phone will inevitablly slip (it IS more slippery without a skin) out of my hands either handling or in the process of taking in/out of holster.

Is there a way to protect this phone while maintaining the hotness factor?
    What are you guys using? Pictures (if possible) would be appreciated.
    07-16-09 08:54 AM
    I've run into the same question with my Tour... Style + protection, does it exist?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 08:55 AM
    check out vajacases.com, they making best quality and best looking cases, but they are expensive and slow shippiong since they ship from Argentina
    07-16-09 09:58 AM
    Wow those Vaja cases are straight up fire. I think I'm going to order one.
    07-16-09 10:26 AM
    07-16-09 10:40 AM
    Wats wrong with the skins. I have a skin on my Bold and I love it. I don't think it takes away from the look of the phone too much. I would rather compromise slightly on the aesthetic qualities of the Bold than risk it being damaged. If I were you, I would put a skin on it. Think about it like this; how sexy would your phone be with scratches and dings all over it?

07-16-09 10:48 AM
    I use the leather pouch for my Bold, but I rarely if ever drop my phone, so it works well for me. If you have a tendency to drop the phone, look elsewhere.
    07-16-09 10:48 AM
    I use a pouch, it protects the screen, track ball and miss dial.

SENA CASES :: ULTRA SLIM POUCH FOR BLACKBERRY BOLD 9000
    07-16-09 10:50 AM
    ^^^ And then put it in your pocket? I think the BOLD is too big to be pocketable! Thoughts?
    07-16-09 10:53 AM
    I've recently removed the skin from my Bold that I've been using since release. I'm not a phone dropper and am pretty careful about banging it up against keys, coins, etc. It looks too good naked now for me to go back to a skin. Using a skin, it looks like a blackberry in a skin. Not using a skin, it looks like.....a Bold.

07-16-09 03:43 PM
    No, you can't.
    07-16-09 04:04 PM
    naked, is the only way to have the Bold. Put an ultra clear screen protector and that's it. The parts ( bezel, track ball ) or so easy to change that I don't worry about that
    07-16-09 04:16 PM
    naked, is the only way to have the Bold. Put an ultra clear screen protector and that's it. The parts ( bezel, track ball ) or so easy to change that I don't worry about that
    exactly!! cover the screen with 'best skins ever' or similar. then replace the bezel if you drop it. cnn.cn has good pricing on bezels, keyboards, buttons, trackballs, back covers, etc.

i just keep the shield on and keep it in the pocket leather when it's in my pocket.
    07-16-09 06:41 PM
    Those Vaja cases are bloody hot!
    and BLOODY expensive
    some of them are nearly as much as the phone itself, I'd be almost as worried scratching the case as the phone!
    07-16-09 07:14 PM
    Those Vaja cases are bloody hot!
    and BLOODY expensive
    some of them are nearly as much as the phone itself, I'd be almost as worried scratching the case as the phone!
    LOL! Well now that's a thought that brings up a whole new set of issues!
    07-16-09 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD