Hey there,

I have a Bold 9000 that keeps going to contacts no matter what icon I click on.

I tried upgrading the OS and the phone worked fine for about an hour and then went straight back to only going to contacts. The same thing happens when I downgrade.

I am unable to make calls or do anything from the contacts list. The phone is basically unusable.

I have tried the upgrade and battery pull and restore from back up.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what this could be and how to fix it.

I'm using 5.0.0.681
    06-06-10 02:20 AM
    Try a factory default wipe, if that doesn't work, try a wipe of the phone using BBSAK or JL-Cmder and reload the desired OS using Apploader.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 07:27 AM
    Wipe your os using bbsak and reinstall your os.
    When you do a restore do an advanced restore and only restore contacts, sms/messages, calendar, profiles and memos.

I have a feeling something in your settings (probably theme settings) is messing something up so doing a full restore will just put it back to how it is. So make sure you do an advanced restore and only select those 5 things.

06-06-10 10:41 AM
    Is one of your convenience keys set to contacts? Could it be that your left or right key is malfunctioning so that it is engaging from the from the pressure you're putting on when you click? Long shot? Yep.

06-06-10 11:44 AM
    Thanks so much the wipe and advance restore seems to have done the trick.
    06-06-10 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD