I have had my bold nearly a year now and whilst it does not feel old I am getting that new phone itch.

IMO it is the BB OS that feels old not the Bold.
    06-28-09 03:22 PM
    I have had my bold nearly a year now and whilst it does not feel old I am getting that new phone itch.

IMO it is the BB OS that feels old not the Bold.
    I could not have said it better myself. I especially agree about the OS.
    06-28-09 11:03 PM
    if you are bored with it why don't you go ahead and move on? I don't understand why some people enjoy getting a rise out of people, especially in a forum where they know almost 100% of the posters will not agree. Some people need a hobby.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-09 11:41 PM
    Another convert (back) to RIM from the iPhone.

I'm eligible for the 3GS upgrade but haven't taken it, that's how much I prefer my Bold, even if it does lack some of the more esthetic sw features in some apps. It's the showy side of some apps that I miss, but that's it.

The Bold is utterly dependable and some of the apps like Quick Launch and Gwabbit are fantastic.

I will be looking at interest at the Bold II (only) as and when that comes out. Any improvements on an already masterly handset will be something else!
    06-29-09 04:39 AM
    Although I'm not surprised over some of the replies I received-

I never stated the Bold was garbage.

I just felt that it was getting old.

Even the design seems outdated.

Given the time gap between releases, it's departure from the stylings of all the "new" BlackBerry's is surprising-

So if you all want to get all bent out of shape fine-

If you want to try and take cheap shots at me, fine-

But just understand that this is not what the topic is about.

The Bold's 1st Birthday is coming up soon-

And one year in the regular world, is equivalent to seven years in the tech world.
    06-29-09 09:24 AM
    Late to the thread, but I'm still thoroughly impressed by the Bold. I have had it since mid-December (got it as a gift from my girlfriend - I never wanted a BlackBerry, never saw a need for it and now, I can't imagine going back to a non-RIM device) and still think it's the greatest single communications device I've ever used.

Yeah - I wish it had a better camera, but it'll do in a pinch: I have enough high-end Nikon cameras for "Photos" - pictures are acceptable for the Bold.

Software upgrades are plentiful and easy to install / de-install. Lot's of different themes available at reasonable cost. 3G and WiFi are tremendous assets for this camera. I only wish more mainstream software developers would jump on the RIM bandwagon (Quicken on my Bold - that would make this that much better for me).

Speed, reliability and solid build: That describes my feeling about my Bold! Storm or some other touchscreen device - Naaah, not in my best interests.

May my Bold live long and prosper!
    06-29-09 10:17 AM
    IMO, the bold still is a great device, and I have no plan to replace mine. However, I have extra $ for a new device, and quite frankly RIM would not have my money. There is no clear upgrade for a Bold right now. The storm 2 is far away and not sure if the hardware/software is up to snuff vs a iPhone 3gs. Tour as no Wifi so its not the flagship device Rim has to offer. No slider on the horizon. There is a smaller version of the bold coming but it has been a year since the bold was introduced and RIM should have a clear upgrade NOW.
    06-29-09 10:33 AM
82 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD