Nope still love the bold prob won't feel that way till the onyx comes out!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 12:51 AM
    I don't think my Bold is old since I got it barely a month ago! And I have a new black bezel coming in so it will feel even newer!! The Onyx is shaping up to be a nice addition that I'll look at come upgrade time this December.
    06-27-09 12:56 AM
    right now no phone can replace my bold its the ultimate phone...

ONYX is nice but i like the bold`s size and feel.
    06-27-09 01:16 AM
    With the release of the Tour, my Bold is starting to feel a bit "outdated".

Between size/weight/features/pixel-density/camera

My Bold is beginning to seem a bit lackluster, and that makes me sad.

Anyone else starting to feel that way?
    not at all, then again I'm not so insecure with my investment that I feel the need to get the hottest, newest thing around. if you think your bold is getting outdated, take a step back and look at all the other phones out right now and realize you're lucky.
    06-27-09 01:26 AM
    Still very much in love with my bold. Its been a great relationship.

06-27-09 04:05 AM
    What the **** are you talking about? None of the newer phones improve anything... they're all like the Bold Lite.

Sure, the extra memory of the 8900 and 9630 is cool, but at the expense of 3G on one and WiFi on the other??? And with the same keyboard as the crappy, clicky Curve on the 8900??? Come on. They're scaled back versions of what's already available. Just bringing some of the Bold features to other carriers and price points. That's all.

The optical trackball of the Gemini is cool, but it's a budget phone, too. The only one exciting me in the slightest is the Onyx (which isn't even out yet), because it takes the best features of all of RIM's ground-breakers and puts them in a single, sleek package, but it still doesn't DO anything the Bold doesn't except take nicer pictures.

Has RIM announced phones with interesting ideas? Sure. The prospect of a new, functional version of the Storm is a neat one, the Magnum adding a touchscreen to a traditional 'Berry is intriguing, and as stated, the Onyx is appealing if you think your Bold is too big or relly needs a better camera, but none are even available and they aren't very big improvements.

Worried that 4.7 is on the tour and you're stuck with 4.6? Just wait a couple more months for 5.0... existing BBs are going to see big improvements at that point. Even if 5.0 isn't official yet in that timespan, the betas will probably have improved enough that most people around the boards here will be running 5.0 on the Bold.

The Bold is still the most advanced phone RIM offers, and even with the upcoming models, it's not going to be left in the dust. Not by a longshot. Look how long the original Curve has been out, and it's still outselling the iPhone. Bold owners have nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 06-27-09 at 04:15 AM.
    06-27-09 04:13 AM
    I still love my bold, especially when it comes to its physical appearance. Honestly I'm more concerned with what RIM does with 5.0 than a new phone. I don't think I'm leaving my BOLD for a while...

06-27-09 05:35 AM
    I stll love my bold...an playing on sticking with it no matter what phones come out ...

06-27-09 09:41 AM
    i agree, i want a new version of the bold. Better camera, same size, maybe a bigger screen, but def the same keyboard. i love it
    06-27-09 09:50 AM
    I love my berry, still does everything that I ask of her

06-27-09 10:41 AM
    WHAT!!!!!!!!! The bold is and well be the flagship device. Sorry but it can never get old for me. The tour is a little brother to the bold IMO and will have some better features but can never be on the bolds level for me. New does not always mean better, just new.
    06-27-09 10:59 AM
    Device Model: 9000/9530/8900/Pre
    Carrier: AT&T/Verizon/Tmobile/Sprint
    all i have to say...

maybe you should go buy some more phones.
    06-27-09 11:02 AM
    all i have to say...

Oh wow.

Great job contributing.

Don't Hate.

06-27-09 02:37 PM
    The problem is that it took so long for any US carrier to release it, which will end it's position at the top sooner than it should have.

I'll for sure check out the Onyx (or whatever they eventually decide to call it) when it hits shelves, but I might have a hard time shelling out the dough for one ever. You know At&t is going to want $399 to walk out with one, which is a lot of money for a device with ony marginal improvements over the 9000. If you're still using an old-old model or are completely new to Blackberry then it would a no brainer though.
    06-27-09 03:17 PM
    all i have to say...

LOL well said.
    06-27-09 07:53 PM
    Honestly, who would give up WiFi for a better camera? Tour Shmour. I don't even use the camera (well, hardly ever). I've got a sleek all black Canon that even shoots HD movies, so I have camera functions covered there. I'm not even sure I'd shell out money for Onyx, just for a better camera... Magnum, with a keyboard and touchscreen, is worth an upgrade. Not for Onyz, and definitely not lacking anything from the Tour.

06-27-09 08:48 PM
    LOL...Seems like you on ya own on that feeling....
    What he said

06-27-09 09:01 PM
    Nope, not at all. The Bold is just awesome. I may consider the Onyx as well but the keyboard is important to men and I don't know if the Onxy will cut it for me. Totally happy here.

06-27-09 11:35 PM
    The Bold is still the best BB until the Onyx. The Bold is the fastest BB and that's good enough for me.
    06-28-09 12:06 AM
    the Onyx is appealing if you think your Bold is too big or realy needs a better camera or could use some more RAM type memory...
    Fixed. From the pre-release details, the Onyx is supposed to have similar memory to the 8900...

Less battery pulls? Yep, I'm looking forward to the 9020 release...
    06-28-09 12:15 AM
    No they definitely do.

Any BlackBerry with a full QWERTY keyboard will compete with eachother.

If I walk into AT&T and I have to chose between a Curve 8900 or a Bold-

Thats competing.
    Yeah, if you consider Edge competing directly with 3g, sure....

At that level this conversation becomes pointless because anyone could argue that any hardware keyboard phone "competes"
    06-28-09 03:32 AM
    I still one of the best features of the bold that no other bb has is the stero speakers. They sound great for a cell phone and I find I listen to flycast a lot through them.

I just hope rim puts them in the oynx too.
    06-28-09 07:57 AM
    *Gasp* I hope my bold didn't hear you ? My bold would freak if it knew I was even thinking of replacing him ! I love my bold...it does everything I need and want it to do. That's enough for me...plus...it looks real sexy ! Probably one of the sexiest phones I've ever seen... (=...

THE BOLD ... brains and looks ! ! ! What more could I ask for ? hehehe..
    Last edited by filmusikat; 06-28-09 at 10:16 AM. Reason: more info
    06-28-09 10:15 AM
    if you feel like that how do you think all the "older model" owners feel?
    06-28-09 10:19 AM
    The Bold is top dog in my book. Just ditched an iPhone for this beauty. The camera needs work...but everything else is stellar. Also, if you're into modding, there is simply nothing else out there as easy to take apart and customize. For me, this is the best device available on the market today.
    06-28-09 10:20 AM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD