LOL...Seems like you on ya own on that feeling....
    06-26-09 12:58 PM
    No. Had mine since November and I'm not even remotely interested in the new releases.

The device rumored to look exactly like a Bold but with a touch screen sparked my interest but it was just a rumor.
    06-26-09 01:00 PM
    Nope...imo the only BlackBerry that's coming out that should be better as far as what I've saw spec-wise would be the Onyx. So if I ever planned on getting a new BB it would be that one over all of the ones they've announced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 01:03 PM
    Outdated? Of course not! It's a wireless wonder with impressive battery life. I was using an 8800 before my Bold, so this is definitely a step up for me. I'm hanging on this baby for a while

06-26-09 01:17 PM
    I love EVERYTHING about my BOLD!!
    06-26-09 01:46 PM
    The Bold is definitely not outdated. RIM is not like Nokia or Sony Ericsson where they keep releasing new multimedia devices or smartphone/PDA devices. Ofcourse I would love a better camera and better web browsing. But until that happens, I'll look to other devices that offers that. I still love my Bold.
    06-26-09 01:46 PM
    The Bold is definitely not outdated. RIM is not like Nokia or Sony Ericsson where they keep releasing new multimedia devices or smartphone/PDA devices.
    Wait hold up...How many devices has RIM released lately?

How many are projected to be released within 6 months?

When was the Storm released?

When are they projecting a Storm II release?

Okay. 'Nuff said.
    06-26-09 01:53 PM
    Lovin the Bold...atleast until I get my grubby hands on the Onyx...at which point, I'll have to re-evaluate my love.....but until then.....Lovin the Bold
    06-26-09 01:56 PM
    Still lots of love for my Bold.. can't wait for an official release of OS 5. If the Magnum come along someday, I may then be persuaded to upgrade, but not for the Onyx.
    06-26-09 01:59 PM
    A friend with Bold for 6 months now says its become totally sluggish. I've even seen it where he types out a word or a phone number... wait 5 seconds... then it all types out on the screen. S..L..O..W..

I suggested he wipe it and reload the OS, (or upgrade the OS), but he's just punted it and went for an iPhone (I know, I called him a qu33r).

So what gives with that? Is that typical? I know my old Curve is hourglassing all day long... maybe its just a RIM thing. ??
    06-26-09 02:00 PM
    Wait hold up...How many devices has RIM released lately?

How many are projected to be released within 6 months?

When was the Storm released?

When are they projecting a Storm II release?

Okay. 'Nuff said.

Are they all GSM?.......No.

Nokia and SE are all GSM. They release a lot more phones than RIM does, period.
    06-26-09 02:11 PM
    I have to agree with everyone else. Its not feeling old at all.

06-26-09 02:12 PM
    A friend with Bold for 6 months now says its become totally sluggish. I've even seen it where he types out a word or a phone number... wait 5 seconds... then it all types out on the screen. S..L..O..W..

I suggested he wipe it and reload the OS, (or upgrade the OS), but he's just punted it and went for an iPhone (I know, I called him a qu33r).

So what gives with that? Is that typical? I know my old Curve is hourglassing all day long... maybe its just a RIM thing. ??
    It just needed a battery pull to reset the memory.
    06-26-09 02:13 PM
    Are they all GSM?.......No.

Nokia and SE are all GSM. They release a lot more phones than RIM does, period.
    Does that matter?

CDMA vs GSM has nothing to do with anything.

RIM has been putting out many phones. Period.
    06-26-09 02:14 PM
    I recently converted to the Bold from the iPhone. I don't care about the camera, that's what my 10 megapixel subcompact is for. It's an awesome phone and the Tour does not sound compelling enough for me to upgrade, especially since I am on AT&T.

06-26-09 03:19 PM
    Does that matter?

It does matter because I'm with Rogers which is a GSM provider. RIM makes Blackberry's for GSM and CDMA providers because of the different networks. So if RIM comes out with 3 GSM phones, then that's all I have to choose from. Whereas with Nokia and SE, they come out with 10-15 devices each per year, that's a lot to choose from. RIM does not release that many phones per year. Take a look at gsmarena and you will see.
    06-26-09 03:46 PM
    more ram, better camera, color-customizable trackball = ultimate phone
    06-26-09 03:51 PM
    Does that matter?

So they have, but they don't all directly compete with each other and have different target audiences. So why does it matter how many phones get put out? Even moreso, what does that have to do with the Bold. Most of the newer phones released don't even stack up directly with the Bold so far.
    06-26-09 04:03 PM
    So they have, but they don't all directly compete with each other and have different target audiences. So why does it matter how many phones get put out? Even moreso, what does that have to do with the Bold. Most of the newer phones released don't even stack up directly with the Bold so far.
    No they definitely do.

Any BlackBerry with a full QWERTY keyboard will compete with eachother.

If I walk into AT&T and I have to chose between a Curve 8900 or a Bold-

Thats competing.
    06-26-09 04:07 PM
    um....Pantech pro duo?
    06-26-09 04:15 PM
    No they definitely do.

Any BlackBerry with a full QWERTY keyboard will compete with eachother.

If I walk into AT&T and I have to chose between a Curve 8900 or a Bold-

Thats competing

How is that competing? It's from RIM. They released a 3G BB and a non 3G BB, I don't see that as competition. Plus it's money going to RIM, not another manufacturer. If someone walked into a Rogers store and was trying to decide between the Bold or the HTC Fuze, then that's competition.
    06-26-09 04:20 PM
    How is that competing? It's from RIM. They released a 3G BB and a non 3G BB, I don't see that as competition. Plus it's money going to RIM, not another manufacturer. If someone walked into a Rogers store and was trying to decide between the Bold or the HTC Fuze, then that's competition.
    I'm not bothering to explain it any further.
    06-26-09 04:22 PM
    I seriously don't think the Bold will take a backseat to another RIM device
    until later this year once the newer ones start to come out. The Onyx for
    example. But as far as the flagship phone goes, I don't think something like
    the Tour will earn that title. Not a strictly CDMA device at the beginning. No
    way.

I've had a Bold since November and 8900 about 3 weeks ago today. I'm
    becoming one of those device switch degenerates. But I'd say after no more
    than 2 days with the 8900, I definetly prefer the Bold. As I would prefer it
    over the Tour.
    06-26-09 05:57 PM
    The Bold is outstanding! I have an 8900 and a bold, the bold is a serious powerhouse phone made for getting work done. My 8900 is great for a small, light and picture taking phone, but I am missing my bold as I wait for the speaker phone to be fixed. I don't know if I could get tired of a phone as solid as the bold!

Camera does suck though
    06-27-09 12:12 AM
    Bold ftw!!! I love this phone had it since it first released... Waiting for the onyx...

06-27-09 12:29 AM
82 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD