Anyone notice their BB Bold overheating? Also, it's a brand new phone and so far, the people I have called on it are not impressed with the reception. I am in Colorado and on ATT service. They admit that my neighborhood has degraded poles and no ETA to replace them. I don't really think that's it. T-Mobile has about the same reception from what I can see on my other BB when checking the bars. (I haven't canceled with T-Mobile yet). My 8820 NEVER heats up. What do you think of the Bold??
    08-17-09 05:58 PM
    p.s. I'm thinking that both carriers have the same signal reception is what I meant. I just think the Bold is a cheaper made phone. I mostly am concerned about the overheating Bold. 8820 never heated up. I want to keep this Bold but I'm a little disappointed in it so far.
    08-17-09 06:05 PM
    You know it happens to me to but its nothing to worry about
    08-17-09 06:07 PM
    Bold? Cheaper? Hahaha. The screen on your Bold alone probably costs more to manufacturer than tne entire 8820, period. I wouldn't worry about it. The two phones are built differently. That's probably the culprit--I'm guessing the LCD is what you're feeling as opposed to the 8xxx series having a pocket of air in between the screen and front lens. Nothing to get alarmed over.
    08-17-09 06:14 PM
    p.s. I'm thinking that both carriers have the same signal reception is what I meant. I just think the Bold is a cheaper made phone. I mostly am concerned about the overheating Bold. 8820 never heated up. I want to keep this Bold but I'm a little disappointed in it so far.
    My old .162 OS made my Bold heat up like mad just from Data usage. I am on .282 now and notice it only heats up if I am talking on the phone for longer than 20-30 mins on 3G. 2G calls keeps it cool as ice. Data has no effect on either 2G or 3G.

.282 OS also gives AT&T customers the option to switch between 2G & 3G (you probably cannot now because AT&T has crippled your phone settings), something that might be helpful in your area.

Give .282 a try. I highly doubt it is the Bold's build quality. More likely AT&T's deal: between lame OS releases, crippling the phone, and poor 3G reception throughout the country.
    08-17-09 06:25 PM
    that's the bold general problem
    08-17-09 07:14 PM
    I've never used a cell phone (smart or dumb) that did not get warm when using it. I think Li-ion batteries just do that. Same with laptops. They all get warm, even if they aren't overheating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 07:36 PM
    My bold only heats up when browsing around 30 minutes
    08-18-09 12:08 AM
    Thanks for the info everyone. I didn't really think it was a major problem, I just don't like a hot phone. My T-Mobile dash never heated up, but I didn't use data on it. I had an old Nokia years ago that got hot with no data. I think the more bells and whistles a phone has, the more likely it's going to not only get warm, but is more likely to have signal issues. This keeps going from 3G to Edge and every time it does that, it interrupts the signal for a second, which is also VERY annoying. The voice reception isn't that great, even with 5 bars of signal. I think it's kind of a sucky phone. I have an ipod touch and therefor didn't want the iphone and wanted to stick with the bb. I have to take it as it is or go back to a very basic phone that does nothing but make phone calls. What a concept! Not sure about this bb. I want to give it a chance but so far am not too impressed.
    08-18-09 12:20 AM
    People say it's one of the prob you might get, a friend of mine never have that prob. I don't think it's a major prob too tho me not likey hot phone too. I've got other probs with mine but can't get it checked as I'm on hol so better wait til I'm back tho my network say I could get it checked here and inform them if I've to pay. But I can't live without it even just for a min, so I'm trying to cope with the probs. Hope yours not too bad

08-18-09 01:56 AM
    I have the same issue: overheating when on a call for over 20-30 minutes
    Anyone notice their BB Bold overheating? Also, it's a brand new phone and so far, the people I have called on it are not impressed with the reception. I am in Colorado and on ATT service. They admit that my neighborhood has degraded poles and no ETA to replace them. I don't really think that's it. T-Mobile has about the same reception from what I can see on my other BB when checking the bars. (I haven't canceled with T-Mobile yet). My 8820 NEVER heats up. What do you think of the Bold??
    08-18-09 06:34 AM
    I guess it'll be ok. I just hate that my Mac laptop makes me hot and now my phone makes me hot. I hate technology sometimes. GAH! I guess I'll keep it. It's definitely true that the graphics are much more crisp on the Bold than my 8820.
    08-19-09 01:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD