I've had my Bold for about a year now and have never had any problems with it until now. I have AT&T and I think I'm running OS .247.

Two days ago it became almost totally unresponsive. I can pull the battery and reset it, but it takes a very long time to load and when it finally boots it appears stuck in the point in time when it started having the problem. I can use the device for about 60 seconds before it freezes. I've tried using the desktop manager to wipe my databases but the data that is supposedly being wiped shows up again the next time it boots. When I use desktop manager to attempt to access my apps, it always freezes before it fully accesses the apps.

It will eventually reboot on its own and the cylce starts over. I feel like its Groundhog Day.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    10-02-09 07:58 PM
    UPDATE: I tried to wipe the device clean and I still have the same problem. It tries to cycle throught the initial setup wizard and freezes after about 60 seconds.

Guess I need to start looking for a new phone?
    10-03-09 07:38 AM
    UPDATE: I tried to wipe the device clean and I still have the same problem. It tries to cycle throught the initial setup wizard and freezes after about 60 seconds.

Guess I need to start looking for a new phone?
    what version of the desktop manager are you using??? I was using the version that came with my phone and i have probably wiped it a million times and then all of the sudden went to downgrade an OS and it got bricked some how!!!

I downloaded desktop manager 5.0 and everything worked great using the apploader. try that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 07:45 AM
    Upgrade your OS, is really old, AT&T has a new official OS which is .297 you might want to give it a try...
    10-03-09 08:10 AM
    247 is a good os and I had great luck with it. Did you install any app recently, that might have caused this problem? Do you have too many apps running in the background? Always close applications properly after use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 09:08 AM
    Well, it appears that I've recovered my device. I tried updating to .297 and initially ran into the same freezing problem. Each time I had only about 60 seconds to get the upgrade moving before everything froze. During two attempts to install the update, the backup function stalled at about 90% complete. I'm not sure if this mean that I had a corrupt database.

On the next attempt to update I turned off the backup function and the install finally worked. I've lost everything on my device, of course, but at least I don't have to fight with AT&T about a warranty replacement.

Thanks to everyone for the help.
    10-03-09 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD