07-27-09 02:00 AM
55 123
tools
    Can't take a joke?
    Not with a life line!!!!!!
    07-26-09 10:43 PM
    God bless you and your Family!!!
    07-26-09 11:00 PM
    This is one of the best threads I've seen in a while.
    07-26-09 11:33 PM
    Just wanted to chime in that this was real awesome of you
    My girlfriend lost her curve and somebody swiped it, never returning it
    what you did was great and I'm sure the whole CB community can appreciate something like this
    way to go!
    07-26-09 11:53 PM
    Beg to differ with respect - PINS are not blacklisted, but the IMEI's certainly are. I know a good bud at my carrier who works tech support, and he told me that once an owner calls in to report a lost or stolen handset, the IMEI is blocked until the owner declares it found. After about 30 days or so, the IMEI is blacklisted as potentially stolen - that device will not work on the same carrier unless there is some way of changing the firmware in the device and implanting a new IMEI in the carrier's database. That's way too much hacking for anyone; especially since the IMEI's are audited and can only exist as shipped in a device from the mfr.
    in the US ive only heard of CDMA phones being blacklisted seeing as u need to call in to have your phone activated... GSM on the other hand u just pop ur sim card in and i believe or atleast remember hearing that blacklisting on GSM is illegal in the US for some reason... lol i know in Europe its a whole different story, they can/do blacklist GSM
    07-27-09 02:00 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD