There is a little hope left in the world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 04:32 PM
    Wow! I am impressed at the effort you are putting in to make sure this person gets their berry back. I hope they are wealthy, famous, and give you a huge reward!

07-26-09 04:46 PM
    You are a good person, and there aren't many people out there like you these days. I commend you for taking the time to find the owner instead of profiting from their loss.

I wish there were more people out there like you, and I hope that Bold owner appreciates that you found it instead of someone who would have sold it on Ebay!
    07-26-09 05:03 PM
    Thanx for the positive remarks guys and special thanx to letmefindout809 for the at&t after hours number. I called and spoke to a rep who took down my info to have the owner be able to reach me. They were able to link the PIN to the account holder. So I'm just patiently waiting for a call now from the owner.

Very cool.
    07-26-09 05:19 PM
    nope, they don't blacklist pin/imei's. the phone can easily be wiped and resold and used just fine. good thing this dude isnt like that
    Beg to differ with respect - PINS are not blacklisted, but the IMEI's certainly are. I know a good bud at my carrier who works tech support, and he told me that once an owner calls in to report a lost or stolen handset, the IMEI is blocked until the owner declares it found. After about 30 days or so, the IMEI is blacklisted as potentially stolen - that device will not work on the same carrier unless there is some way of changing the firmware in the device and implanting a new IMEI in the carrier's database. That's way too much hacking for anyone; especially since the IMEI's are audited and can only exist as shipped in a device from the mfr.
    07-26-09 07:31 PM
    Ahh..I see you've found my Bold.

I'll promptly pm you my address and set up arrangements to get it back.
    07-26-09 07:34 PM
    Hi fellow addicts...I just wanted to report that as of 8:15pm I returned the Bold to its rightful owner. I live in Jackson, NJ and Newark is only an hour away so I took the ride to meet the owner Victor. At&t contacted him with my info and he gave me a call and we spoke. Upon meeting up he was very thankful for my efforts in returning his lost device. His wife even invited me over for dinner one night this week. He offered me gas money for my travels, but I declined. It was just nice to see him relieved to have his Bold back in hand. Last but not least I told him about Crackberry.com and suggested he become a member. I told him about how helpful this site can be and how we are are one big family...lol. Well missioned accomplished I'm headed home to watch Backyardagains with my daughters on Noggin...lol.

07-26-09 07:34 PM
    Kudos to you.

Karma shall be good to you.
    07-26-09 07:36 PM
    i like you man
    07-26-09 07:51 PM
    Great work dood!
    07-26-09 08:01 PM
    That is a very kewl thing you did for a person you never have met, Nice to see people care still.
    07-26-09 08:06 PM
    Hi fellow addicts...I just wanted to report that as of 8:15pm I returned the Bold to its rightful owner. I live in Jackson, NJ and Newark is only an hour away so I took the ride to meet the owner Victor. At&t contacted him with my info and he gave me a call and we spoke. Upon meeting up he was very thankful for my efforts in returning his lost device. His wife even invited me over for dinner one night this week. He offered me gas money for my travels, but I declined. It was just nice to see him relieved to have his Bold back in hand. Last but not least I told him about Crackberry.com and suggested he become a member. I told him about how helpful this site can be and how we are are one big family...lol. Well missioned accomplished I'm headed home to watch Backyardagains with my daughters on Noggin...lol.

Well you definitely deserve a Good Samaritan award! I hope to goodness someone would do the same for me.
    07-26-09 08:34 PM
    Ahh..I see you've found my Bold.

I'll promptly pm you my address and set up arrangements to get it back.
    ..... not good
    07-26-09 08:51 PM
    Good work! Feels good when a Berry owner gets their little bundle of joy back.

07-26-09 08:54 PM

Hey - even though it wasn't my own Bold you found and tracked me down or anything, just from reading this thread I feel like it was...you are truly a wonderful person and even I, without it being my own phone, sincerely want to thank you.
    07-26-09 09:06 PM
    you sir are what the world needs more of.....
    07-26-09 09:11 PM
    That is very kind of u u have a great heart

07-26-09 09:12 PM
    Nice job. Good to see people doing the right thing.

07-26-09 09:15 PM
    Again is very nice of this person to return it rather then just use for parts or unlock it
    07-26-09 09:21 PM
    All crackberrian's need to follow your lead. We should all pledge to help out our fellow berry owners (and fellow man/woman,) when and if possble.
    Pay it forward...it will come back.

Good job!
    07-26-09 09:22 PM
    That's really nice of you dude!
    I'm glad he has his bold back in hand.

07-26-09 09:34 PM
    There is hope for humanity!

I was wondering for a min if he just assumed it was gone for good and didn't plan on ever seeing it again. I know I woulda if no one ever reported my bff found!

On my lock screen I put 'return to Verizon if found' just in case a good person came across it...
    07-26-09 09:36 PM
    This is good for your karma.

07-26-09 09:45 PM
    ..... not good
    Can't take a joke?
    07-26-09 10:36 PM
    Jersey pride.
    07-26-09 10:39 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD