Found this on Foxnews.com a few mins ago.

foxnews.com/story/0,2933,405302,00.html

FOXNews.com - September U.S. Launch Likely for BlackBerry Bold

not much new news, but it's better than a kick in the teeth.
    Last edited by unfukwitable; 08-18-08 at 05:01 PM.
    08-18-08 04:59 PM
    If this is true, then whats this all about?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bad...release-62762/
    08-18-08 05:01 PM

Beats me. alot of people have said that they are a tester...or know a tester.....But we'll have to wait and see what is really true. Yes. it is foxnews, but i trust them more than joe schmo, who claims to be a tester.
    08-18-08 05:08 PM
    I would have to believe what phonegeek says. With him being a tester for At&t and the known issues, Sept release would really be pushing it.
    Last edited by Garz; 08-18-08 at 05:11 PM. Reason: wrong name
    08-18-08 05:10 PM
    Nah, I'm going to have to go with Phongeek's assessment that it'll be sometime around Halloween.

Edit: I totally agree with Garz. PG has ZERO reason to lie, and is quite trustworthy in my book.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 08-18-08 at 05:27 PM.
    08-18-08 05:10 PM
    the guy that's saying mid September is the same guy that said Aug 18 so his Rogers date was off a little too. I think Fox news is just a few days late reporting some old info. Unfortunately I think PG i correct even though i hope he's wrong.
    08-18-08 05:21 PM
    .... I think Fox news is just a few days late reporting some old info. Unfortunately I think PG i correct even though i hope he's wrong.

Oh well, i guess wishful thinking got the best of me.
    08-18-08 06:08 PM
    Well PG has been pretty close on everything else. So, I guess we all be waiting a while longer on the Bold. Of course, I may just wait for the mystery phone: 9220.
    08-18-08 06:20 PM
    I really don't know what to believe at this points. There have been so many dates thrown around nobody knows...I wish RIM annouced it already
    08-18-08 06:22 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/bad...release-62762/
    What's up is that Fox is simply reporting some guy's expectations.

"But Peter Misek, an analyst with Canaccord Adams, said he expects AT&T to start selling it on Sept. 15 and Rogers Communications in Canada to release it on Aug. 18."

I don't care who Peter Misek is, because he doesn't work for RIM or AT&T. Sorry Peter, but its true. You don't know squat more than anyone else.

I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but the other information sounds more credible to me. I'd bet it will be October before its released, and then probably some time until you can actually find a unit.

I think I'm in a worse position as well, as unfortunately I have to get one through my AT&T corp site as my company has a major contract with them. I would imagine that AT&T will try to get the most out of their exclusive carrier position and tempt people to switch carriers by putting them into retail shops, not into corporate accounts.

I think its common knowledge that its all about "switching" in this industry. Everybody already has a phone, so its only about switching from one carrier to another. In fact, I wonder if there is a single person in the US who will buy the Bold as their "first" cellphone. Not very likely!

As such, I don't think AT&T will be rushing to give them to customers who are locked in to their service for the foreseeable future. They want it as bait for Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint users, just like the iPhone.

*SIGH* That's about all the "woe-is-me" that I can do in a single day... haha

Later,
    CS
    08-18-08 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD