Hello all. I've been through 2 Bold's within the first 15 days, and then sent my 3rd new one in because the speaker was faulty. Now I have a refurb which I was sent, and this one is having problems. The only applications I have installed are from the blackberry App store, Viigo and Facebook. I have 27,511,113 bytes free.
    Here is my problem. Sometimes if I try to install an App from App world, it will cause my phone to error and I have to do a battery pull and reset and delete the new app for whatever reason. On occasion, when I pull the battery, the screen will still show even after the battery is out for 10 seconds, and then slowly, slowly it will start to fade out.

Furthermore, I stopped downloading new apps because of that and just have Viigo and Fbook, however occasionally I need to do a battery pull. When I do this, the first time it restarts, my background is gone, and my icons on the home-screen are all re-arranged. It's the standard AT&T background, and I get the following Errors:
    "Uncaught Exception: Java.Lang.NullPointerException"
    followed by: "Uncaught Exception.Application Registry.waitfor(0x7491f7b6ae80619)timeout"
    and then: "Uncaught Exception.Java.Lang.nullpointer.exception."

After all that, if I do another battery pull, my phone is back to normal, w/my regular background and settings. My question is, why do I get the errors, and why does it always take two battery pulls to get back to normal. Is this phone faulty, and the screen, or is there something else causing the problem?

Sorry if it was long/confusing, appreciate any help.
    07-07-09 11:43 AM
    I think the answer is to go down to your local AT&T store and raise ****. Have them do an exchange for a new one (you're under 30 days, right?). Test each one before leaving.
    07-07-09 11:48 AM
    Sounds like something is corrupt with a file on your phone. Have you tried wiping the device and starting with a fresh os install
    07-07-09 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD