I bought a used bold yesterday (switching over from the iphone), and i was very happy with it. It is in new condition and works perfect! The only issue I had was that i reset the phone as soon as I got it bc the previous owners email accounts were still on the phone. Once it was done reseting the accounts were gone but I was still recieving his emails in the message icon. Is there anyway to completely rid this device of his personal stuff? Ive reset it twice and it got me here. Someone save me before i get really irritated and go back to apple's simplicity.
    06-25-09 12:30 PM
    anyone know what the deal is?
    06-25-09 01:42 PM
    The person will need to logon to their BIS and delete the accounts.
    06-25-09 01:45 PM
    I had the same issue with a Storm...I called Verizon Customer Service and told them I needed them to clear the PIN...they did, and I was able to put my email settings in.

I was told to try the carrier first, and if they couldn't figure it out, get in contact with RIM...

There is NOTHING you can do--it has to be the carrier or RIM.
    06-25-09 01:58 PM
    Try deleting the service books for the account(s).
    Options->Advanced Options->Service Book

Doug
    06-25-09 02:07 PM
    Try deleting the service books for the account(s).
    Options->Advanced Options->Service Book

Doug
    This is only a temporary fix. As soon as you do a battery pull or resend your service books the email accounts will be back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 02:09 PM
    This is only a temporary fix. As soon as you do a battery pull or resend your service books the email accounts will be back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I literally just had the same exact problem yesterday. I received a "Like New" Bold, but the previous owner's email accounts were still showing up, even though on my BIS, I only saw my accounts. I deleted all the service books with those account names and it worked perfectly.

I would at least give it a shot. It worked perfect for me.
    06-25-09 02:51 PM
    This topic comes up occasionally. The proper course of action is to call your carrier's Blackberry support and explain to them that it is a security risk that you are receiving the previous user's email. That is usually enough to get them to reset the PIN (sometimes they have to contact RIM I hear). Deleting the service books is a temporary fix. They can eventually come back. Plus, I don't think it will allow you to add that device to a BIS account (so you can setup your own emails) until it is removed from the previous account.
    06-25-09 03:01 PM
    ok thanks guys! i got the guys number and gave him a call and am currently waiting for him to call back. should i just by pass this and go ahead and call att or will this guy be able to fix it?
    06-25-09 03:14 PM
    IF the guy can remember his BIS username and password, he will need to access the BIS via att.blackberry.com, log in and remove the emails from the PIN...

IF he will do that for you, you are done..."WILL he do that?" is another question. And "WHEN?" is yet another...

Tier 2 at ATT can handle it within minutes...

Your call...
    06-25-09 04:04 PM
    i would just contact att directly. of course you run into the issue that they may need to verify with him that you indeed did buy the phone from him. if not, somone could play a real dirty trick and get rid of somone emails!
    06-26-09 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD