I bought my bb bold in Nov 2007, with .167 as the os. I faithfully read all of these forum posts and kept up with the new developments.

A couple of weeks ago I purchased and connected to a zivio-boom bluetooth head set, switching from a nXZEN 5000. No probs with the phone.

I could never find anyone to install an update for me. Last week I got brave, dl'd and installed the latest OS 4.6.0.167, having the platform 4.0.0.217, as shown on the post by CX on 5-13-2009. To my surprise I did it flawlessly, (I am no ways a computer guru). Thanks CX for such clear instructions.

I then got brave and installed crackberry.com, B of A and amAze. The phone worked great with only one or two dropped calls since install. I had a freeze up with amAze and deleted it and re-installed.

Today arond 11:00 am my phone started dropping calls, incoming calls, during conversations and refusing to dial out, showing the "Call Failed" message in the window. I must have 50 or more dropped calls now, as I tried re-booting, battery pulls and re-dialing. Nothing works and it is now 4:10pm. I am now lost!!

Any and all help would be gratefully appreciated!!
    06-03-09 04:21 PM
    If you have AT&T they are more likely to be the blame and not your device. I have 65 users here all on Blackberry's and a few iPhone's using AT&T and we noticed the local tower was having issues and users were complaining about having the same problems as yourself. So you may want to call AT&T or your service provider and raise a flag.
    06-03-09 04:55 PM
    unless its the famous 3G handoff issue. but it sounds more like a localized network problem.
    06-03-09 11:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD