I *think* this is a Bold issue, not bluetooth in general, so I'm posting here.

I've been a big BlueAnt fan for a couple of years now. I never had any problems with my Z9 headsets and my Curve. Always worked...never had to be re-paired.

I now have two BlueAnt Z9i headsets, because I love their voice isolation quality and had good experience with the Z9. But with the Bold, they continually have to be re-paired. I'll pair them, use with no problems, then, say, switch to the other headset when the battery dies on the first one. It won't work, so I'll have to delete it from my Bold and re-pair it. Then it works fine until the next time after I've used a different headset. I have to do this almost every time I use it now.

Weird thing is my Bold will show that it's connected, but the voice will not come to the headset, no matter what I do. I disconnect, reconnect, reboot the phone, reset the headset, and reconnect. Again, it will show that it's connected, but nothing will make the call transfer to the headset. I've tweaked all the settings and tried everything on both the Bold and the headset to keep this from happening. I've tinkered with all the device and phone settings...nothing will work. I've even upgraded the firmware on the headsets....same thing.

Has anyone else problems with BlueAnt or other bluetooth headsets have to be re-paired to your Bold constantly? This is driving me batty!
    06-25-09 08:05 PM
    I have Bold paired with BlueAnt V1 and have no problems.
    06-25-09 08:43 PM
    I have Bold paired with BlueAnt V1 and have no problems.
    I had a V1 also with no problems. In fact, I've been using bt headsets since they came out, over 20 of them in the last four years. This is by far the strangest problem I've had.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 09:18 PM
    Nope use the Z9i...no problems but then again I only have one. Could be a glitch when using two identical headsets.
    06-25-09 09:32 PM
    Nope use the Z9i...no problems but then again I only have one. Could be a glitch when using two identical headsets.
    Thought about that. I did the same thing with two Z9's and my Curve with no issues. I guess it could be different with these though.

06-25-09 09:37 PM
    I have a Z9 paired with my Bold. No problems like what you have described. I am using the 4.0 firmware. Try downgrading your firmware, pair it up then upgrade it again. No idea if that will work but anything is worth a try.
    06-25-09 11:14 PM
    Blue Ant is trash.
    06-25-09 11:14 PM
    Blue Ant is trash.
    Well that was very helpful!! I am sure the OP will thank you for that great insight!
    06-25-09 11:26 PM
    Blue Ant is trash.
    I disagree. I have had many headsets and I find the Blue Ant V1 to be the best. Call quality almost on par with Jawbones. I had Jawbone 1 & 2, best noise reduction but terrible fit and build quality, both fell apart after 2 months. I hear Jawbone 3 is much better.

06-26-09 12:10 AM
    Blue Ant is trash.
    Yes, very helpful...thanks for that.

I've probably had far more BT headsets than most people have even thought about. The BlueAnts I've had so far have been top of the line performers. I think this particular issue is software related, or perhaps a conflict with each other being identical. Even though it worked with the Curve, it doesn't seem to work for the Bold. I just don't know.
    06-26-09 09:17 AM
    I have a Z9 paired with my Bold. No problems like what you have described. I am using the 4.0 firmware. Try downgrading your firmware, pair it up then upgrade it again. No idea if that will work but anything is worth a try.
    Keep in mind these are not Z9 headsets...these are Z9i headsets. The latest software version is 1.1, and the only one before that was 1.0. I had the same problems when they were running 1.0, so I don't think this would help. I think I'm just going to call BlueAnt today and see if they can give me some advice. I'll keep y'all posted...
    06-26-09 09:19 AM
    I had a BlueAnt ST3 - and I have to say, it was trash. I think as much as I thought I'd like it downloading my contact list, the novelty wore off much too soon. Also, it kept crashing my BB . Maybe I had a faulty unit? Who knows...

I can't comment on their headsets as I haven't tried them...personally, if you decide to go a different route, check out Plantronics. I have a great little Explorer 320 ...phenomenal.
    06-26-09 02:50 PM
    I had a BlueAnt ST3 - and I have to say, it was trash. I think as much as I thought I'd like it downloading my contact list, the novelty wore off much too soon. Also, it kept crashing my BB . Maybe I had a faulty unit? Who knows...

I can't comment on their headsets as I haven't tried them...personally, if you decide to go a different route, check out Plantronics. I have a great little Explorer 320 ...phenomenal.
    I've had good luck with Plantronics, but the reason I switched to BlueAnt was the noise cancellation features. They have been stellar, but I know that lots of others are now making that a priority. I think cnet just did a comparison of a Jabra and the Jawbone3 that are both highly regarded in this area.

BTW, I spent some time on the phone with BlueAnt and we did some cleanup, resetting, etc. It seems to have taken care of the problem so far, so I'm going to keep them running and see what happens. I did rename each of them using the last three digits of their s/n's, so we'll see if that helps.
    06-30-09 12:33 AM
    I thought bluetooth devices have there own device addresses. I can see that both would work, as long as you had both synced separately, instead of thinking just cause one works, means the other should too??? Correct me if I'm wrong tho.

06-30-09 02:53 AM
    I thought bluetooth devices have there own device addresses. I can see that both would work, as long as you had both synced separately, instead of thinking just cause one works, means the other should too??? Correct me if I'm wrong tho.

Yes, that should be correct. But nothing seemed to work for a while, so I was willing to consider anything.
    06-30-09 11:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD