Hey guys,
    Can anyone help me disassemble my bold, I should be receiving my black bazel very soon from cnn. Any tips. I've seen the youtube videos so please don't link them to me. I just want a good straight for explanation doing it. the process and maybe what problems people may have ran into. Thanks

Mike
    06-02-09 01:06 AM
    The usual difficulties are moving the two little screens over to the black bezel and the metal contact points for use with a cradle charger. Just take your time, watch the videos, pause them as you go along, rewind, etc. and Get'R'Done!

Chris
    06-02-09 01:26 AM
    greed with tronyx. watch the videos. your screen will be resistant at first though, until you kind of unsticky it from the board. once you have done that, repairs and part swaps are easy.
    06-02-09 01:29 AM
    greed with tronyx. watch the videos. your screen will be resistant at first though, until you kind of unsticky it from the board. once you have done that, repairs and part swaps are easy.
    Why does he need to take the screen off the swap the bezel? You don't need to completely take the thing apart to swap the bezel...

Chris
    06-02-09 01:30 AM
    Why does he need to take the screen off the swap the bezel? You don't need to completely take the thing apart to swap the bezel...

Chris
    Reassembly is a much easier process with the screen off.
    06-02-09 01:35 AM
    i wasnt clear. my Op would be reference to a trackball or keyboard change. At the same time, when you have the screen off, its easier to put it back together again, because the screen can sit tight while the board is off. Having it together makes it a pain when trying to reasemble it after a change of a keyboard or even a trackball.
    06-02-09 01:35 AM
    Hmm, never found it to be a pain.

*shrug*

Whatever works.

Chris
    06-02-09 01:39 AM
    I've never found having the screen there a pain either. I was also fully able to remove the bezel, trackball, keyboard, etc with the screen still on.
    06-02-09 01:41 AM
    I've never found having the screen there a pain either. I was also fully able to remove the bezel, trackball, keyboard, etc with the screen still on.
    Ditto. Never felt it was necessary to take the screen off.

Chris
    06-02-09 01:43 AM
    Ditto. Never felt it was necessary to take the screen off.

Chris
    Same here. I personally just don't want to deal with the connections for it or anything, but I don't see a need to unless I have to replace the screen for whatever reason. I like this a lot actually. I can do a lot of mods without worrying too much about utterly screwing it up.
    06-02-09 01:52 AM
    HMmm, thanks you guys. I appreciate all the help. Now I'm a bit worried if I should take the screen off or leave it on? When u leave it on, during the reassemble, is it hard to tightly fit it back together? Is that currently the problem? I'n hoping not to have to involve myself taking any connections from the main board. What's the best recommendation?

Thanks guys!
    Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 02:09 AM
    HMmm, thanks you guys. I appreciate all the help. Now I'm a bit worried if I should take the screen off or leave it on? When u leave it on, during the reassemble, is it hard to tightly fit it back together? Is that currently the problem? I'n hoping not to have to involve myself taking any connections from the main board. What's the best recommendation?

Thanks guys!
    Mike

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's not very difficult at all, IMO. I say you should leave the screen on.
    06-02-09 02:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD