I just got my bold a couple weeks ago, was working fine, put up latest OS, .282. I use my bold as an alarm, woke up this morning to nothing?? looked at my phone, totally dead battery? I always leave it on the charger downstairs before i bring it up to bed so i know it was fully charged. this is the first time this happened so am a little concerned. i have and 8800 i used for 2 years before this with zero problems. Is this a phone issue? what would cause the battery to totally drain in 7 hrs time? I also noticed it was randomly rebooting a couple times which seemed odd but didnt think much about it til now. not too many apps, just the basic ones. One i did notice that seemed strange was ReQaull?? so i uninstall it. Is this common? any Ideas?

Frank
    07-30-09 06:39 AM
    I could only find an app called ReQall that is a speech based personal organizer. It snyc's any social sites, calenders, as well as recognizes dates, times, places in your speech so you can set meetings, dates with push of a button. As for your battery situation did the phone work once you plugged it in to the charger again? Was it just a dead battery? How is the service where you kept the phone at night? Where I work I get really crappy service and notice that my battery loses charge very quickly from constantly pinging and searching for service...I think (haven't actually timed it) but a full charge would be down to about a quarter in 7 hours time.

Hope this helps.
    07-30-09 07:14 AM
    yes i had to plug it in, battery was totally dead. service is fine, i have it set to wifi for the house, but 3g is good too... its weird, first time its done that... i do notice battery life is definatly less then the 8800 i had before. as for the reqaul app i got if OTA via crackberry site... never really used it, but it seemed to make the phone act funny so i took it out after recharging it this morning...

one other thing, is there a way to disable the switch on the side that activates that camera? i am always turning it on accidently with that button... I am 99% sure i didnt do that last night cause i always check...

thanks...
    07-30-09 08:20 AM

one other thing, is there a way to disable the switch on the side that activates that camera? i am always turning it on accidently with that button... I am 99% sure i didnt do that last night cause i always check...

thanks...
    Open settings>screen/keyboard>right side convenience key opens (then scroll with your trackball to change it from camera to something else or nothing). Camera is the default. Right above Default (Camera) you'll see Nothing. If you pick that option, you can press the button all you want, it just won't do anything.
    07-30-09 10:10 AM
    thank you !! thats exactly what i was looking for...

now if i could just figure out why the battery went to nothing last night... so far its holding up pretty well aroun 90% with some use since this morn... but only got to 95% in the car...
    07-30-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD