04-03-13 12:34 AM
39 12
tools
    How old I'd the phone? How did you buy it (private party sale, online)? I don't see any reason why one of these companies can't send youa replacement device. Keep us updated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 12:58 PM
    Issue is that there is no power to the device and the computer doesn't recognize that anything is connected.

-Erich
    Mine has done the same, except i pulled battery whilst connected to my PS3, no LED, no power, just dead, no way back, speak to your Service Provider and get a replacement
    02-05-09 06:12 PM
    Okay i have had the same problem as most of you, what i did to correct the problem was to remove the sealed 7 hole metal cover on the motherboard, attached with adhesive, once removed the was a noticeable amount of dust accumulated between the usb connection and a chipset, once cleaned with rubbing alcohol, the led whole blackberry came back to life, you have to be careful when removing the metal cover as the strong adhesive tends to take a small amount of the green board with it, i used a sharp knife to remove some of the red adhesive and a corkscrew to pry the plate off

Hope this helps, if it isnt under warrenty and isnt working, you have nothing to lose
    11-30-09 12:26 AM
    Okay i have had the same problem as most of you, what i did to correct the problem was to remove the sealed 7 hole metal cover on the motherboard, attached with adhesive, once removed the was a noticeable amount of dust accumulated between the usb connection and a chipset, once cleaned with rubbing alcohol, the led whole blackberry came back to life, you have to be careful when removing the metal cover as the strong adhesive tends to take a small amount of the green board with it, i used a sharp knife to remove some of the red adhesive and a corkscrew to pry the plate off

Hope this helps, if it isnt under warrenty and isnt working, you have nothing to lose
    11-30-09 12:32 AM
    Okay i have had the same problem as most of you(white screen of death then no power and no led, no usb recognition), what i did to correct the problem was to remove the sealed 7 hole metal cover on the motherboard, attached with adhesive, once removed the was a noticeable amount of dust accumulated between the usb connection and a chipset, once cleaned with rubbing alcohol, the led whole blackberry came back to life, you have to be careful when removing the metal cover as the strong adhesive tends to take a small amount of the green board with it, i used a sharp knife to remove some of the red adhesive and a corkscrew to pry the plate off

11-30-09 12:34 AM
    i had same probbbbb
    12-01-09 01:07 PM
    Is this a frequent issue with the Bold?
    I just bought one on eBay... hence the question.
    12-01-09 09:55 PM
    Same goes to me with by previous Bold 9000. I ended up my problem by selling this phone as part and get another bold 9000.
    12-01-09 10:14 PM
    12-02-09 10:57 AM
    I got the same problem here. Mine is an unlocked Rogers Bold 9000. I was unintended to touch contact button (the button in between memory card slot and charging socket) while I was chatting on IM+ then my Bold was frozen. I have to remove battery then put it back on. It doesnt work nomore. Is it the same issue with any Rogers Bold? Please help me out with any solution you may have...
    08-23-10 01:22 PM
    this is a cry for help, having this exact same problem and im nearly at my whits end
    12-24-10 12:20 PM
    I bought a 9000 that would not charge. Red light would come on, then battery charge icon, then black with just red light. I tried 2 batteries. Here is what fixed mine. Remove the battery for 24 hours and then stick a charged battery in. Phone is like new. Never let the phone run all the way down and then leave it that way for any length of time. Blackberrys seriously do not like that.
    12-24-10 01:41 PM
    i got bold 9700, use battery bold 9000, totally dead apploader wont detect anything, cant suis on, no lcd, only blank
    03-29-13 05:49 AM
    Try cleaning the battery and connector contacts properly with alcohol and a cotton bud, charge it with a good usb cable and a >700mah charger. I tried various charger cable combinations before it would charge proper.
    04-03-13 12:34 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD