Hi guys,

Got my brand new blackberry bold 9000 yesterday from the company I work for. I charged the battery to max and then in the afternoon tried to install a few apps. After I installed the Mapquest Navigator trial, the phone started giving some erroes with permissions and then prompted to reboot. I tried to reboot the phone but it didn't start again except for the constant red light. I took out the battery and insterted again with no lights whatsoever this time.

I tried to charge it for 3-4 hours with no luck.

I don't want to return it to IT people because they would months to return it back to me. Is there any quick fix around this issue or am I better off just sending it back and hoping to get a replacement in few weeks.

I would appreciate help.
    08-03-09 06:00 PM
    Hi guys,

Got my brand new blackberry bold 9000 yesterday from the company I work for. I charged the battery to max and then in the afternoon tried to install a few apps. After I installed the Mapquest Navigator trial, the phone started giving some erroes with permissions and then prompted to reboot. I tried to reboot the phone but it didn't start again except for the constant red light. I took out the battery and insterted again with no lights whatsoever this time.

I tried to charge it for 3-4 hours with no luck.

I don't want to return it to IT people because they would months to return it back to me. Is there any quick fix around this issue or am I better off just sending it back and hoping to get a replacement in few weeks.

I would appreciate help.

Are you on BES or BIS? Blackberry Enterprise Server (company system)/Blackberry Internet Server
    08-03-09 06:04 PM
    Hi Sorry to hear your bold is giving you woes.

I had a similar problem in the first few weeks of my bold until the service books were updated. The errors disappeared and the battery life increased.

Do you have everything turned on; ie: wifi, 3g, bluetooth, etc etc?
    08-03-09 06:13 PM
    Are you on BES or BIS? Blackberry Enterprise Server (company system)/Blackberry Internet Server
    Enterprise server I believe.
    08-03-09 06:15 PM
    Hi Sorry to hear your bold is giving you woes.

I had a similar problem in the first few weeks of my bold until the service books were updated. The errors disappeared and the battery life increased.

Do you have everything turned on; ie: wifi, 3g, bluetooth, etc etc?
    Yea, everything was turned. I am a bit spoilt after using iphone for long.
    08-03-09 06:16 PM
    tried a few of the tips on the forum. the computer (vista) doesn't recognize blackberry at all. I asked a colleague and she said that I will most likely get a refurbished blackberry now if I return it for warranty and process can take few weeks.

extremely unhappy and disappointed with this device!! have been using various phones (nokia, iphone, HTC) and none was unreliable!!

How can a device be so filmsy that it doesn't last even a few hours!!!
    08-03-09 06:56 PM
    Just bad luck. Do you really think a majority of the Bolds out there last less than 24 hours?

Do you really think all nokia, iphone and HTC devices are immune from this kind of problem?
    08-03-09 07:00 PM
    Just bad luck. Do you really think a majority of the Bolds out there last less than 24 hours?

Do you really think all nokia, iphone and HTC devices are immune from this kind of problem?
    I can only talk about my experience.. apparently there are so many threads on this same forum with people complaining about this load of crap dying within days of purchase ..

I have never heard about any other device just dying out completely with no way to restore them and that too within hours of buying that device.

Blackberries are definitely not quality tested or just have a cheap construction... I wish my company woke up to the fact that iPhones are much superior and reliable communication tools...

The worst thing is that nobody has any damn clue on how to fix a very common problem (very common with bolds as you can see from count of threads on different forums) - this doesn't happen with other electric devices.
    08-03-09 07:08 PM
    tried a few of the tips on the forum. the computer (vista) doesn't recognize blackberry at all. I asked a colleague and she said that I will most likely get a refurbished blackberry now if I return it for warranty and process can take few weeks.

extremely unhappy and disappointed with this device!! have been using various phones (nokia, iphone, HTC) and none was unreliable!!

How can a device be so filmsy that it doesn't last even a few hours!!!
    Try DM 4.6, and BBSAK (BLACKBERRY SWISS ARMY KNIFE) RIMgeeks.com. Wipe device (BRICK IT), do a clean reinstall of original OS and see what happens.

You need to delete any OS on your computer, DL and reinstall original OS then try the above "procedure."
    08-03-09 07:09 PM
    Blackberries are definitely not quality tested or just have a cheap construction... I wish my company woke up to the fact that iPhones are much superior and reliable communication tools...
    Opinionated can of worms... based on what, your 1 bold dying? Awesome.

The worst thing is that nobody has any damn clue on how to fix a very common problem (very common with bolds as you can see from count of threads on different forums) - this doesn't happen with other electric devices.
    According to you it's cheap construction, which implies hardware failure. Do you expect users to have a simple solution to what you claim is widespread hardware defects?

Considering you have no clue what is even wrong with it, that speaks pretty well to the validity of your statements.
    Last edited by papped; 08-03-09 at 07:13 PM.
    08-03-09 07:11 PM
    So I'm confused you asked for help... Then go on a rant about how bad blackberries are and that iphones are superior? Doesn't make sense if its a problem you have two options see if an option is availiable to be able to fix it otherwise exchange it. I know your frustrated but doesn't mean all blackberries are horrible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 07:13 PM
    Try DM 4.6, and BBSAK (BLACKBERRY SWISS ARMY KNIFE) RIMgeeks.com. Wipe device (BRICK IT), do a clean reinstall of original OS and see what happens.

You need to delete any OS on your computer, DL and reinstall original OS then try the above "procedure."
    Thanks .. would it work if teh computer doesn't recognize the phone at all?
    08-03-09 07:13 PM
    So I'm confused you asked for help... Then go on a rant about how bad blackberries are and that iphones are superior? Doesn't make sense if its a problem you have two options see if an option is availiable to be able to fix it otherwise return it. I know your frustrated but doesn't mean all blackberries are horrible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wrong. Clearly if I buy 1 iphone and it stops working, all Apple products ever developed are poorly constructed
    08-03-09 07:15 PM

According to you it's cheap construction, which implies hardware failure. Do you expect users to have a simple solution to what you claim is widespread hardware defects?

Considering you have no clue what is even wrong with it, that speaks pretty well to the validity of your statements.
    I wish you had offered any help rather than taking me on for asking help. I obviously expected my phone to last more than a day as I would expect any other product to do. If someone asked my recommendation on blackberry right now, I would tell them to stay away!!!!

Hope you can spend some energy in offering some help and I might be convinced that blackberry is not as pathetic as I am thinking it is.
    08-03-09 07:19 PM

Software is usually the culprit.............................
    08-03-09 07:23 PM
    hahaha... Wow, with the way you have handled getting a new phone and encountering a problem I would love to see how you function at your job... Did you even bother to learn anything about the phone before you started using it?
    08-03-09 07:24 PM
    I wish you had offered any help rather than taking me on for asking help. I obviously expected my phone to last more than a day as I would expect any other product to do. If someone asked my recommendation on blackberry right now, I would tell them to stay away!!!!

Hope you can spend some energy in offering some help and I might be convinced that blackberry is not as pathetic as I am thinking it is.

It's not. So devices are more quirky than others. As stated, SOFTWARE IS USUALLY THE CULPRIT.........................................
    08-03-09 07:28 PM
    Software is usually the culprit.............................
    That's what I think is the reason - something happened with permission settings and then it prompted to reboot. This must be the reason.
    08-03-09 07:28 PM
    hahaha... Wow, with the way you have handled getting a new phone and encountering a problem I would love to see how you function at your job... Did you even bother to learn anything about the phone before you started using it?
    Do you sometime even think before you type? Get a life mate!!
    08-03-09 07:29 PM
    But I will make a helpful post to try and help you sort this out so you can enjoy your new Bold.

Download BBSAK (Search for it in the forums)
    Back up your device using DM
    Download a new OS: Rogers 282 is extremely good.
    Load the new OS on your Computer.
    Run BBSAK. In BBSAK:
    Hit "wipe device"
    Click OK to the prompts.
    Wait for the screen to display ERROR 507
    Once it is displaying ERROR 507, with the phone still connected
    Go back to BBSAK- Hit "Load OS"
    Make sure you check off the apps you want on your phone--BBM, Memopad...
    Finish Loading the OS, wait for the phone to reboot.
    Close BBSAK
    Go to DM
    Back Up/Restore
    Restore using the back up you just did.
    Enjoy your Bold.
    08-03-09 07:30 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Although tbh, I don't think I really am doing anybody a favor helping in this case...
    08-03-09 07:31 PM

BBSAK wouldn't recognize the device either. Unfortunately.
    08-03-09 07:32 PM
    But I will make a helpful post to try and help you sort this out so you can enjoy your new Bold.

Download BBSAK (Search for it in the forums)
    Back up your device using DM
    Download a new OS: Rogers 282 is extremely good.
    Load the new OS on your Computer.
    Run BBSAK. In BBSAK:
    Hit "wipe device"
    Click OK to the prompts.
    Wait for the screen to display ERROR 507
    Once it is displaying ERROR 507, with the phone still connected
    Go back to BBSAK- Hit "Load OS"
    Make sure you check off the apps you want on your phone--BBM, Memopad...
    Finish Loading the OS, wait for the phone to reboot.
    Close BBSAK
    Go to DM
    Back Up/Restore
    Restore using the back up you just did.
    Enjoy your Bold.
    Thanks

Now you are helping.

Unfortunately, BBSAK doesn't connect to the device. The computer wouldn't recognize it at all.
    08-03-09 07:33 PM
    Do you sometime even think before you type? Get a life mate!!

I'm going to disregard this post for a couple reasons:

1. I just gave you full instructions on how to fix your phone.
    2. I know that was not a serious rebuttal
    3. You used the word "mate"
    4. I am giving you all the links you need

BBSAK-DL AND HOW TO:
    NEW Wiping your phone with BBSAK step by step - BlackberryOS.com

ROGERS 282:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...C068A355BBA31A
    08-03-09 07:34 PM
    Thanks

Now you are helping.

Unfortunately, BBSAK doesn't connect to the device. The computer wouldn't recognize it at all.
    Does DM recognize your phone?
    08-03-09 07:35 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD