Hey Guys,

I searched the forum and did not find anything about this. I have a Kenwood DNX8120 in my car. Its a double din head unit that can play videos using DVD, ipod or iphone. I would like to know if there is a way to play video through the Bold. Is it capable of this?

Apple makes a cable that attaches to the iphone that has usb/audio/video cables out. Is there a cable that BB or an aftermarket co. makes that can do this same thing?

Thanks in advance!

Roland
    04-24-09 12:20 AM
    The iPod has a video out capability through its docking jack on the bottom. The Bold's equivalent, more or less, is the USB port, but it's not set up to send out video or audio -- it's just to charge the battery or transfer files.
    04-24-09 07:13 AM
    I know there was development for some type of micro sd card which would allow video out on windows mobile devices but I don't think they've brought it to the bold yet. But good question I was searching for the same thing just the other day.
    04-24-09 07:28 PM
    This would have been sweet but I don't think it's possible.

You can always use Velcro. LOL I do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 08:20 PM
    This sucks that we have no way to transfer videos to play on something else. How could RIM not have thought about this?

I use a slingbox mobile and would love to have it on my car DVD player. Thankfully my wife's Iphone has a sling app now and it can transfer video out.

It is nice being able to watch live tv driving around the city. Makes catching the end and beginning of games a breeze.
    06-19-09 05:08 PM
    I think it shouldn't be an issue. If Mass Storage is enabled, and the head unit can read from a MicroSDHC card, it should work. It will not broadcast and play the video, but it should allow access by anything connected via USB.
    06-19-09 05:10 PM
    Would be very cool.
    06-19-09 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD