Any talk of the Bold being available in Canada. Currently Im with Telus.
    06-15-08 10:50 AM
    Have you checked their web site or talked to csr about it at all. It is all uo in the air for everyone.
    06-15-08 10:54 AM
    i hear the date is this tuesday for rogers...... but i asked rogers buisness solutions and they have no idea on a date..... but if ur staying with telus be prepaired to wait up to 3 years... as it will follow the curve
    06-15-08 10:56 AM
    I will jump to Rogers before I wait 3 years
    06-15-08 11:00 AM
    Rogers should be getting the Bold soon. As to when Telus will be getting the Bold, that another matter.
    06-15-08 11:04 AM
    definitly switch to Rogers , it will take a while before the bold get to cdma, pretty much the same story happened with the curve...
    06-15-08 11:21 AM
    i asked 2 different guys at rogers and they said not till august or september
    06-15-08 11:23 AM
    If you search around there's some stuff out on the net that's suggesting July 15th on Rogers.

As for CDMA, whenever Verizon announces the Bold, Telus will probably get it within 6 months. When that's going to happen, no one knows.
    06-15-08 11:41 AM
    and what is the source that is suggesting july 15th? just curious ,you cant always believe everything u read
    06-15-08 11:54 AM
    yes the bold is coming to rogers. heres proof.:

Rogers Communications - Wireless, Digital Cable TV, Hi-Speed Internet, Home Phone

when u click on the above link jut remember you have to choose ur province before u can see the info about the bold. i choose ontario cuz thats where i live.

so yes we know the bold is coming to canada/rogers. we still don't know when. in fact we still don't know when its coming to at&t. most rumors indicate summer, june, july or august. who knows?? not me. we'll just have to wait and see.
    06-15-08 12:35 PM
    and what is the source that is suggesting july 15th? just curious ,you cant always believe everything u read
    Rogers BlackBerry Bold to launch July 15th. AT&T too? | BlackBerry Cool
    06-15-08 12:59 PM
    Well I have spoken with Rogers, but they don't offer a great plan like I have now even i tried. if they could give me the same price I would switch. lol!
    I pay 15.00 a mo unlimited web browsing and im and email I pay 5.00 for 250 text and 17.30 for unlimited night & weekends starting at 6pm I have caller id free telus to telus and all calls from my husband dont charge. and I pay 17.30 for my husband (he has a krazer) so for us it would cost too much to switch to Rogers or I would lol!! just to get the phone!telus NEVER gets anything. but you would think rogers would have cheaper service since they stay with the flow. but oh well.
    We do have the curve Telus told me last week when i called they are hoping to get the Bold next year. lol!
    07-23-08 04:55 PM
    i wish they had Rogers here in the US.
    07-23-08 05:58 PM
    Well I have spoken with Rogers, but they don't offer a great plan like I have now even i tried. if they could give me the same price I would switch. lol!
    I pay 15.00 a mo unlimited web browsing and im and email I pay 5.00 for 250 text and 17.30 for unlimited night & weekends starting at 6pm I have caller id free telus to telus and all calls from my husband dont charge. and I pay 17.30 for my husband (he has a krazer) so for us it would cost too much to switch to Rogers or I would lol!! just to get the phone!telus NEVER gets anything. but you would think rogers would have cheaper service since they stay with the flow. but oh well.
    We do have the curve Telus told me last week when i called they are hoping to get the Bold next year. lol!
    First, you need to speak to customer relations to get a better plan...oh, and I read an article that said Telus and Bell are making the switch to GSM over the next 12-20 months...If this holds true and you've got some time to run out on a contract, I'd wait it out to avoid an early cancellation fee...you'll also have better, or more devices to choose from and coverage...

No, no you don't....TRUST me....
    Last edited by mnokia; 07-24-08 at 05:54 AM.
    07-24-08 05:45 AM
    telus wantedd to charge me 780 for early cancelation fee.
    thank GOD i found someone to take over myc ontract...stressfull process when people say 'ill take it' and never write back.

can someonet ell me the difference between gms and ..the one telus is?
    07-24-08 09:17 AM
    the short of it is that the GSM (Rogers) runs on a SIM card that can be exchanged within phones and CDMA (Bell and Telus) don't have a SIM card. The downfall of not having a SIM card is that you can't use other phones that your provider might not have and when you go to different countries like the States you have to but minutes form your provider which are very expensive.
    07-24-08 10:08 AM
    no you don't LOL. horrible.
    07-24-08 11:40 AM
    bell will be getting this likely around august september as well,
    07-24-08 11:43 AM
    telus wantedd to charge me 780 for early cancelation fee.
    thank GOD i found someone to take over my contract...stressful process when people say 'ill take it' and never write back.

can someone tell me the difference between gsm and ..the one telus is?
    Yea Rogers ECF's max @ $400...That's why I left Telus...

And really to understand the difference, I'd wiki that or take about 10-15min to search that...But to put it simply GSM is the standard used by over 80% of the mobile market in the world. Uses sim cards, to identify subscribers services in any given gsm device. Also, because more of the world uses this standard there tends to be better/more roaming rates available when traveling abroad or the increased possibility [if device is unlocked] to join the carrier in the respective country.

Whereas CDMA, which is the network technology that both Telus and Bell employ is used by less than approx 20%. It is very restrictive in that your subscriber information is kind of 'embedded' or stored in the 'memory' of the device...You wanna switch phones, gotta call em up AND not be on a contract and go through hoops and bounds. If you leave the country, you have to rely on your company to have a roaming agreement with whomever provider provides CDMA cellular service in the respective country...This is why both Telus and Bell are making the switch to GSM.
    1. They will be able to capture more market share by providing better variety of phones and services.
    2. Their customers will have more options in terms of swapping handsets etc, thus their companies will benefit from retention.
    3. Roaming
    Last edited by mnokia; 07-24-08 at 02:00 PM.
    07-24-08 01:48 PM
    One more sleep!

Tomorrow is the day Research in Motion releases their annual report to the Shareholders Meeting.

I am sure Mr Balsillie was paying attention when Mr Jobs stubbed his toe by pre-announcing iPhone.

What a perfect oppertunity for him to grab the lime light by announcing the immediate avalibality of the Bold on Rogers.

Besides, Rogers need something to sell, what is the backlog on iPhones now?
    07-24-08 01:57 PM
    no you don't LOL. horrible.

they are should be called Robbers instead of Rogers
    07-24-08 02:20 PM
    Was just in a Telus store asking about the possiblities of them getting any of the new Blackberrys. All they said is that now it looks like they'll be picking up the bold "soon." Since all I've heard about is Bold in GSM format, I'm a little sceptical on an upcoming (this year) CDMA release. Now of coarse I had to look into a possible Thunder coming, but it seemed like they only know what we've all heard about on Crackberry.

Only time will tell
    07-25-08 01:50 PM
    I be on Telus. Bold / Thunder - either way I'll hang on.

Telus unlimited data - $30 per mth.

How much is the unlimited data plan on Rogers?
    07-25-08 10:07 PM
    Telus is robbing you, I pay 15.00 a month for unlimited webrowser, email, BBM all that little pack they got why you paying 30? how long you had it? I got mine Feb 29 08 the web and then i pay 17.30 for my phone usage.

I be on Telus. Bold / Thunder - either way I'll hang on.

Telus unlimited data - $30 per mth.

How much is the unlimited data plan on Rogers?
    09-10-08 11:20 PM
    Telus is robbing you, I pay 15.00 a month for unlimited webrowser, email, BBM all that little pack they got why you paying 30? how long you had it? I got mine Feb 29 08 the web and then i pay 17.30 for my phone usage.
    Are you with Telus as well? Rogers has 6GB for $30 which is basically unlimited, I have yet to find someone that can over over that on just their blackberry. And if your referring to the $17.50 voice package which is 200 weekday minutes + unlimited evening and weekends (after 6pm) that's a steal. I don't know how you got that data plan, but for $15 thats well worth it.
    09-10-08 11:33 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD