(I'm starting a new thread now because I have searched Crackberry 6 times and google three and I'm not finding much help on this at all. All I read is that this piece is supposed to "easily pry out" and I have a very thin kitchen knife that I've been messing with it with, and still nothing. I have put a ton of force on this by now and I've probably even f*cked it up which means I'll have to order a new one and go around with my phone looking like the picture below (yay ).

This piece just does NOT want to come out. Are you guys 100% positive this just pops out? The keyboard did, yeah. This piece? No...in fact it's like it's PART of the bezel itself, when I'm looking at it closely.

What am I not getting?

I bought this: Chrome electroplate bezel for Blackberry bold 9000 W/ side button and door lock latch (Light green color)

Yes, I like it.

Anyway, I was stupid as this is my first time doing this, and, I didn't realize there is no bottom faceplate cover.
    Therefore I have everything nicely installed now and below my space bar there is basically a piece missing from my phone.

I'd like to install the bottom piece from my old bezel but I can't figure out if this is possible or how it comes out. Does it come out...?

Please advise
    07-21-09 04:18 PM
    The piece *should* easily pop out, as it is only held in by 2 tabs that pop in. If you slip something in between it and the frame you can pry it out. *Make sure* that you are sliding you knife (or whatever tool) in between the bottom cover and the frame, and not trying to pry the frame itself.

One note: If you are dealing with the OEM bezel, which I think you are, they apply double sided tape as well, making it a bit tougher to remove. I played around with my old bezel (I replaced my bezel with a new one) and it took a little force, but I was able to gently pry it off--there's a good amount of adhesive in place.

Let me know if this helps!
    07-21-09 06:06 PM
    Thank you so, so much for replying and trying to help me out with this.

Yes, it's the OEM bezel I am trying to pry this piece off of. I keep bending it slightly and I'm like "ahh" and stop. haha

Okay, so, 2 tabs that pop in, huh? I'm looking all around this piece for those 2 tabs but I'm not really finding them. I bet I just keep skimming over them though because I'm not entirely sure what to look for...ugh. I don't know why I'm having so much trouble with this last part.

Okay so slip something in between the piece and the frame/bezel and i can try to pry it out. That's what I've been trying, but here goes...
    07-21-09 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD