I, unfortunately, just switched from verizon to at&t right before verizon finally got a decent phone (the tour) and now I really need to find out if the bold really does anything different than the new iPhone, if not different, then better?
    07-10-09 07:43 PM
    It's a matter of opinion and user preference. I am currently using my iPhone 3GS more than my Bold (haven't touched my Bold since I got the iPhone). The Bold is pretty Bold though.
    07-10-09 07:55 PM
    It also depends of how you use it. iPhone will absolutely beat the Bold when it comes to games. However, as we all know, the BlackBerrys are business oriented. I find that txting or IMing of the iPhone to be very impractical, nothing like a good and solid keyboard. In the end, it all depends of how comfortable you feel with either one and which one best suits your needs. I do recommend giving the Bold a try :3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 08:02 PM
    Agree with the guys up there. Its a matter of preference, do u want a toy , or a tool? Although both devices can be either one; but we all know which one is geared more toward an entertainment toy and which one is more of a communication tool.
    To me, at least, there's no substitute for a real keyboard. can't imagine goin thru a day without thumbing.
    But that's just me. My sister thinks the other way around.
    07-10-09 08:14 PM
    both are great devices I would suggest you take a day and just play with both but remember what each device is geared towards the iphone has a more wow factor while the bold is for business, ive owned both and while i enjoyed the iphone i just couldn't use it to the extent that i can the bold, the result could be very different for you
    07-10-09 09:03 PM
    I've had my Bold since last November and I'm very happy with it. I send a lot of texts and emails so the keyboard works well for me. Some friends of mine have the Iphone and they sit and play on them most of the day.
    I surf the web and listen to music and watch movies on mine. But as it has been said before, I use mine more for business, keeping all my schedules and meetings in order. The Iphone just wouldn't work for me. So, what do you need your phone to do, mostly business or pleasure?

07-10-09 09:21 PM
    i have both the iPhone 3G and the Bold and to be honest the iphone had it's novelty for a while especially with the games you can get on it. it was also my first touchscreen phone so that was interesting to try out. But the Bold does so much more and the actual physical keyboard and the multitasking is the true sign of a smartphone.
    07-10-09 11:01 PM
    man i wont want to compare the iphone with bold.. just recently trashed that girly toy for the bold.. whats else to say.. )
    07-10-09 11:53 PM
    It can be considered a 'toy' (iPhone) in the sense of how its geared mostly towards entertaintment purposes rather than helping you're average buisnessman manage their schedule and stay in touch in on the go. The iPhones does indeed do its job, and well in my opinion, but only if its something YOU are looking for. Similar to discussing whether bikes or cars are better. You're just gonna have to give it a shot. Question for you OP would be, what are you looking for in a phone? Entertainment or productivity?

07-11-09 12:08 AM
    Wow thank you guys so much! you've all been so helpful and i'm going out tomorrow to buy.... guess what?? the bold =D with all of the research and prior experience, its the smartest choice, you guys just helped push me over the line =D
    07-11-09 12:52 AM
    Bold IS BOLD I used an iPhone for a short time as have many of my friends, if you wand a toy, the iP is great, if you want power and work.... Bold all the way buddy!

JB

07-11-09 01:29 AM
    Well, as you can now see, my device info is now showing I have a bold. Hallelujah! I love it... great, fast advice guys! Thanks again!
    07-11-09 09:57 AM
    Congrads on the bold. Great choice.

07-11-09 10:33 AM
    Congrads on the good choice

07-11-09 11:23 AM
    I used the iphone for about 2 weeks. My fiance loves hers but I consider the iphone more of a feminine phone. Bold is the manberry. And Im very happy with it. I just wish they would make a desktop manager for the mac. Seeing all my computers are macs. It would make it easy for me to upgrade OS. But Im sure something will come out this year.
    07-11-09 12:30 PM
    Congrats on a good decision. I just bought a bold two days ago and I'm in love with it. I was coming from having a curve 8330 (on verizon), and let me tell you...I didn't really experience the greatness of BlackBerry until now. The curve was a great device and at times I'll miss it, but the Bold is quite amazing.

Good luck with it.
    07-11-09 12:36 PM
    I left the Iphone for the BOLD, and I'm going to put it like this if you do a lot of typing (i.e. texting, I.M.ing and emails) the Iphone novelty will wear off like it did for me because the on-screen keyboard starting getting frustrating for me.
    07-11-09 03:17 PM
    Great choice! I have a Bold and love it! I hope that it works out well for you.
    07-11-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD