Question if i do the bogo deal and order two one for me upgrading from the tour can i say i would like the other for my moms line which is a dumb phone. I know i would have to add the 29.99 data plan but once i get home can i just switch back her dumb phone which would cancel that data plan and just keep the other bold?
    06-03-10 03:02 PM
    I think data plans are a requirement now for smart phones. So I don't think that would be possible

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 03:07 PM
    No luck. The rep first said that there is no such thing as BOGO for the Bold ygrn after pressing the issue said I would have to cancel my phone order and wait a month before getting it. I don't like dealing with Verizon Phone Reps.

06-03-10 03:32 PM
    No luck. The rep first said that there is no such thing as BOGO for the Bold ygrn after pressing the issue said I would have to cancel my phone order and wait a month before getting it. I don't like dealing with Verizon Phone Reps.

Call back again and tell them to look at their own website!!!!!!! That makes me so angry!! They don't even know what the heck is going on!!!!!!
    06-03-10 03:51 PM
    Hey everyone! Just ordered my 9650 online and the BOGO was available to me. USed my NE2 and got two of them for $50 with free overnight shipping, to be delivered tomorrow by 3:00 pm. All online. Can't beat that deal!
    Do you get the 2nd one by adding a new line, or can it be used for someone on your plan that already has a BlackBerry?
    06-03-10 03:51 PM
    I just called Verizon and told them that I ordered 2 Bolds this morning and was told the BOGO was not for 2 Bolds but that I've heard of several people getting 2 as a BOGO today and immediately the rep told me that he would go ahead and credit my card back for the one of them and that he had done a few already today. So if you ordered 2 go and call them and tell them you want your money back. He said it was a glitch this morning that wasn't allowing them to do it as BOGO. I'm soooo happy!
    06-03-10 03:57 PM
    I didn't get BOGO when I ordered two new lines and phones this morning.

Working with my rep now. She had no idea what the Bold was or the BOGO. Had to direct them to their own website to show them! However, after about 15 minutes of holding, she is awaiting "supervisor authorization" to issue the credit. Will update in a few minutes.

UPDATE: She credited the phone and tax back to my account. Took a while, but totally worth it for $163.
    Last edited by awboy; 06-03-10 at 04:32 PM.
    06-03-10 04:10 PM
    I ordered mine earlier but called back and was told I could not get bogo because the line was too far away from being eligible. Is that right? Im pretty sure that when i got my tour the other line was not eligible to upgrade but did. What gives?
    06-03-10 04:13 PM
    Hopefully this question doesn't sound completely moronic, but does anyone know if the BOGO offer would work if I wanted to upgrade and my friend who is on another plan wanted to upgrade too? We're both upgrade eligible and if we were buying separately, we'd be re-signing our respective 2 yr contracts.
    06-03-10 04:44 PM
    HA no.........
    06-03-10 04:47 PM
    I ordered around 1:45, and the CSR said there might be a BOGO, and she would check into it and email me. Came here and saw people were getting it, and called her back. We had another line with the upgrade, so she said it was fine. The second Bold won't ship with the first, but I only paid for one. The sight didn't have it on there when I looked earlier, so I was happy to find it here.
    06-03-10 04:51 PM
    Do you get the 2nd one by adding a new line, or can it be used for someone on your plan that already has a BlackBerry?
    I'm curious about this as well. I think it's only available for new lines or on lines that have the NE2 available. Can anyone confirm?

06-03-10 05:29 PM
    I'm curious about this as well. I think it's only available for new lines or on lines that have the NE2 available. Can anyone confirm?

I went online to test it out. It's pretty much for new lines, or lines on your account that are eligible for an upgrade. It wouldn't allow me to use the BOGO for the 2nd BlackBerry phone on my account because it's renewal isn't until July. I can, however, upgrade the BlackBerry on my main account which is now eligible.
    06-03-10 05:34 PM

I was told you have to have 2 lines that are currently eligible for an upgrade to get the BOGO.
    06-03-10 05:53 PM
    anyone actually find documentation for vzw's bogo?
    06-03-10 05:58 PM
    I just ordered mine, bogo. SO excited, I was willing to wait until June 17th for them!! According to VZW chat rep, they will be here saturday. :-D
    06-03-10 07:01 PM
    Call back again and tell them to look at their own website!!!!!!! That makes me so angry!! They don't even know what the heck is going on!!!!!!
    Pkst, I called back and this rep was so nice. Said that BOGO deal can be used for any phone that is equal and/or less in value. I get by Bold and my dad can replace his Storm9530 with a droid.

06-03-10 07:37 PM
    First, for all yall naysayers, there is a lesson to be learned here: I am never wrong!!!!

Second, I got mine BOGO!!!!! Good luck to those who didn't They even moved up my husbands date so we did not have to wait until Mon. I will have both phones tomorrow delivered to my job before 3!!!!
    06-03-10 08:26 PM
    I went online to test it out. It's pretty much for new lines, or lines on your account that are eligible for an upgrade. It wouldn't allow me to use the BOGO for the 2nd BlackBerry phone on my account because it's renewal isn't until July. I can, however, upgrade the BlackBerry on my main account which is now eligible.
    For any BOGO you ahve to have two eligible lines, this is no different!!!
    06-03-10 08:27 PM
    I hope this isnt a stupid question, been on hold with CS for a while so I figured I'd ask here.

A fellow firefighter got the 9630 a couple weeks ago, if he were to go back and return that and get the 9650 would he be able to get the bogo and give it to me?
    06-03-10 08:28 PM
    anyone actually find documentation for vzw's bogo?
    I saw it with all 4 of my eyes.
    06-03-10 08:28 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD