Bold rocks and the 2.0 mexapixel is not that bad
    I agree. I am an amateur photographer. I do not expect a great camera on a phone. If I want high quality photos, I use my SLR. Cell phone cameras are good in a pinch, but I do not expect the same quality as that of an SLR.
    08-17-09 12:49 AM
    The ONYX is overrated!
    I like it. All the functionallity of the bold but in the size of a jav. Its the perfect bb for me. I only use the bold because i wreck phones pretty quickly with landscaping.
    08-17-09 12:58 AM
    I like it. All the functionallity of the bold but in the size of a jav. Its the perfect bb for me. I only use the bold because i wreck phones pretty quickly with landscaping.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly, but I just feel its overrated. People is hyping this phone like crazy. I mean its pretty much a BOLD w/ a better camera and a "faster processor". Yes its the same size as per say the 8900 but there was a reason I took back the 8900 and got the BOLD.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 01:01 AM
    Really? I found the bold to feel cheap compared to the 8900, and the tour. That leather door and the way it attaches just doesnt feel right to me. I use a bold but also have an onyx and iphone and the bold feels like the cheapest built
    If you think the quality of the Bold is cheap compared to the 8900, or that, it isn't as strong as the BB Tour, then you either don't have a Bold, OR you got the worst Bold that was ever made.

08-17-09 08:30 AM
    If you think the quality of the Bold is cheap compared to the 8900, or that, it isn't as strong as the BB Tour, then you either don't have a Bold, OR you got the worst Bold that was ever made.

LOL...I agree. I love my Bold. not a cheap one, no. not a weak one either. its an all rounder. love love e Bold
    08-18-09 09:42 AM
    Wow, I wish I owned a camera store and every customer was like you, I'd be selling 34+MP digital backs left and right!!!
    These are the important things that matter, not MP;
    Pixel Density
    Glass (lens)
    Pixel diameter
    Pixel spacing on sensor
    Senson compression (way it digitizes the light info)
    And the pixel lense shape (small lens over ever pixel that focuses light onto the sensor since sensor can't read light from harsh angle like film can, hence the crazy fish-eye lens that has to bend all the light for digital sensors)
    /rant over

I always thought != (or maybe it's /=) meant "does NOT equal". Which would be exactly what y'all are all saying.
    08-18-09 10:00 AM
    The Onyx will be the only BB that will make me put my Bold down.

I agree! i played with my friends 8520 trackpad and it is sick! I would love a 9000ish blackberry with the trackpad aka onyx! I got used to the pad right away! it sure beats a dirty trackball which is guaranteed
    08-18-09 10:00 AM
    Wow, I wish I owned a camera store and every customer was like you, I'd be selling 34+MP digital backs left and right!!!
    These are the important things that matter, not MP;
    Pixel Density
    Glass (lens)
    Pixel diameter
    Pixel spacing on sensor
    Senson compression (way it digitizes the light info)
    And the pixel lense shape (small lens over ever pixel that focuses light onto the sensor since sensor can't read light from harsh angle like film can, hence the crazy fish-eye lens that has to bend all the light for digital sensors)
    /rant over

Note the !=(not equal to) sign.
    08-18-09 10:48 AM
    I like the 8900 almost as much.
    08-18-09 04:09 PM
    yup bold fits very nicely in my big hands, camera isint even a major concern so bold wins yeeee!
    08-19-09 12:10 PM
    I have to agree with those that really are very happy with their Bold...performance (not the camera), size, and overall build quality. I also must agree that there is no way the Onyx can live up to the hype that it's being covered with right now. But, of course the Bold was done the same way all the way up to the release...

But, the Bold was the phone that was the upgrade to the Curve...and it smoked the Curve in every category.

The Onyx is being billed as the "Bold 2" 9700...and aside from the camera improvement and the tad faster processor...I don't see it trumping the Bold in nearly the same way the Bold did the Curve. Not at all...

But, I'll probably get one anyway...LOL!!
    08-19-09 01:55 PM
    Ugh can't wait till the onyx comes out
    08-19-09 09:41 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD