Today at the phone store... I inspected every Blackberry device... The Bold is the best device out there in terms of Quality and feel... Now only if I can fit a better camera in it some how!!!!!!!!

Nothing even came close to the build quality that the bold offers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 11:33 AM
    If you need a 3G Blackberry, that has a better camera, wait for the BB Onyx, as it will have a 3.2MP camera just like the BB 8900.
    08-16-09 11:36 AM
    If you need a 3G Blackberry, that has a better camera, wait for the BB Onyx, as it will have a 3.2MP camera just like the BB 8900.
    +1 for the Onyx its going to trump them all!

08-16-09 11:52 AM
    The Onyx will be the only BB that will make me put my Bold down.

08-16-09 12:19 PM

Same here, provided that the build quality is better than the BB 8900.

08-16-09 01:29 PM
    Once the onyx comes out, there will still be complaints that the camera is not up to par, they'll now demand 5mp. Bottom line, camera is just a addon, a bonus. The bold does best what it was intended to do, and the camera is not it.
    08-16-09 02:00 PM

X2 !!!
    08-16-09 02:01 PM
    Once the onyx comes out, there will still be complaints that the camera is not up to par, they'll now demand 5mp. Bottom line, camera is just a addon, a bonus. The bold does best what it was intended to do, and the camera is not it.
    Agree 100% lol...

The Onyx will be a great device but idk if that size is rite for me....IMO is jus a bit too small
    08-16-09 02:05 PM
    The Bold is by far one of the superior devices that RIM has produce at the moment.

The Onyx will surely beat that though haha.

-Luis
    08-16-09 02:06 PM
    More MP != More picture quality.

08-16-09 03:11 PM
    In FULL agreement here...! If its a gadget you want...iPh***. If you want quality pictures Canon Ixus series...If you want a device that keeps you in touch in a very logical manner (and has been doing so long before all them new-kids-on-the-block) then Da BOLD it is.. The camera on the BOLD is ok on a sunny day in Southern California...Ok what the heck in Southern Texas to.... But that's about it....
    08-16-09 03:51 PM
    The camera on the BOLD is ok on a sunny day in Southern California...Ok what the heck in Southern Texas to.... But that's about it....
    The camera on my BB Bold is great on a sunny day here in PA as well!
    08-16-09 04:12 PM
    You've gotta wait for the onyx dude.. be patient
    08-16-09 04:24 PM
    The Onyx seems great but the size of the BOLD is unbeatable, at least for us guys with big hands.
    08-16-09 07:40 PM
    Bold ftw. can't beat it although it's put together like a p.o.s.
    08-16-09 07:52 PM
    The BB 8900 is much worse. My Bold is actually pretty solid.
    08-16-09 07:58 PM
    Bold rocks and the 2.0 mexapixel is not that bad
    08-16-09 08:29 PM
    Amen!
    08-16-09 09:23 PM
    Not necessarily true. The lens quality, time to snap and store the picture, etc. play a much larger role in picture quality. A better lens would go farther toward better picture quality than more pixels would.
    Last edited by mathprof08; 08-16-09 at 10:41 PM.
    08-16-09 10:39 PM

Wow, I wish I owned a camera store and every customer was like you, I'd be selling 34+MP digital backs left and right!!!
    These are the important things that matter, not MP;
    Pixel Density
    Glass (lens)
    Pixel diameter
    Pixel spacing on sensor
    Senson compression (way it digitizes the light info)
    And the pixel lense shape (small lens over ever pixel that focuses light onto the sensor since sensor can't read light from harsh angle like film can, hence the crazy fish-eye lens that has to bend all the light for digital sensors)
    /rant over

08-16-09 11:25 PM
    You must have got a bad one because the one I had was far from a p.o.s..
    If the Tour was put together like the Bold I might still have it even with the lack of wi-fi.
    08-16-09 11:37 PM
    Actually.... The ideal BB device would have the Following.

1. The Build Quality and key pad of the Bold.
    2. A 5 MP camera with a Xenon flash
    3. A next gen memory management system, where the size of attachments is not 3mb and much better RAM.
    4. One can even go slightly bigger on the form factor to improve and increase screen size.
    5. A truly fast browser.

ThE BB has to be a lap top replacement on travel... BB needs to aim to dominate the SmartPhone world. They have a good blueprint in place, just a little tweaking is left now.

08-16-09 11:48 PM
    Really? I found the bold to feel cheap compared to the 8900, and the tour. That leather door and the way it attaches just doesnt feel right to me. I use a bold but also have an onyx and iphone and the bold feels like the cheapest built
    08-17-09 12:15 AM
    The way rims build quality has been with the last few releases.. Goodluck with that oynx.

08-17-09 12:35 AM
    The ONYX is overrated!

08-17-09 12:43 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD