I can truly say i love my bold, its the best phone ive ever had, and i know that because even with all these new bb's coming out i couldnt care less cause i still have my beast of a blackberry. If i had any other phone i'd be getting jealous and wanting it, but since my bold ive been happy

what about you guys? do you wish to get the new phones coming out? do you want a new phone?
    07-02-09 12:54 AM
    Well I just got the 3GS, but I wouldn't replace my Bold for any other device. Only the Onyx or Pluto if it ever goes through

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 12:57 AM
    Nope. I do not see where any of the ones coming out will provide me any more than the Bold does. In fact, most are providing less.
    07-02-09 12:57 AM
    It's a fantastic device. At the moment I couldn't be happier!
    07-02-09 12:59 AM
    yeah, hopefully by the time pluto is relased my contract will be up and i can buy that one :P cause i always catch myself trying to touch icons on my screen and i feel like an ***** lol
    07-02-09 01:00 AM
    yeah, hopefully by the time pluto is relased my contract will be up and i can buy that one :P cause i always catch myself trying to touch icons on my screen and i feel like an ***** lol
    That and if I ever let someone touch my Bold, they are always touching the screen. It's painful seeing the LCD ripple.

07-02-09 01:05 AM
    The Bod is the best. I went from a Treo 700sw to a Bold about a month ago.

The Bold is light years ahead of the Treo in terms of functionality and speed.

There is nothing that is coming out that impresses me. The others are toys.

I am a certified "Crackhead" for my Bold now.

(smile)
    07-02-09 01:36 AM
    This is the first BlackBerry, or Smart phone I have had, and I learn a new capability daily. I am VERY happy with it (esp since I am running at WiFi speed now
    07-02-09 01:37 AM
    mmm hmmmm. let 2010 come around.
    07-02-09 02:15 AM
    Very happy +1

07-02-09 02:19 AM
    bold is the best...cant replace it with any other phone
    07-02-09 02:31 AM
    I have checked the other models of BB coming out. There are really too few changes to justify a switch. I kinda think we have all become spoiled! We have one of the most sophisticated devices that performs sooooo many needed and wanted functions, yet we still want to keep up with the "Jones's with the latest and greatest. I say learn to be content wit an awesome device that meets your needs and then some. After all switching for a few sometimes minor upgrades are making the carriers VERY rich. My fifty cents worth....

07-02-09 03:46 AM
    Bold rocks! I love this thing and will definitely wait til the Onyx comes out and may wiat longer then that. We'll see, but for now I couldn't be happier with a phone!

07-02-09 04:13 AM
    The Onyx is nothing but a marginal upgrade over the Bold. Not only is it smaller than the tour but it's extremely close to the 8900 size.

Also, it has the same 3.2 mp camera and 256 internal storage that the curve and storm have.

I haven't heard the processor being faster but i could be wrong so its only a slight upgrade over the Bold.

I would wait for the next "big" thing...
    07-02-09 04:42 AM
    256 internal memory and a 3.2 mp camera is a little better than marginal. not to mention an optical track pad (perhaps different, not necessarily better). real good possibility of a fast processor.
    lets not be too quick to judge. when the final product onyx comes out, then we'll really know if its worth an upgrade or not.
    07-02-09 05:35 AM
    Trixnrice...

The camera is in fact very marginal. For nearly an hour I sat at futureshop taking pictures with both and it was very hard to judge the difference. Yes the auto-focus is indeed good but still.

It's been month and a half since i've had the phone and yet to take 1 picture. If I go somewhere really nice where I know I will take pictures. I bring my digital camera with me.

256 internal. Yes you can say that would a be an upgrade. As for your trackpad...It's not 100% its even going to be on the Onyx. A crackberry user named salomandrin got the most recent build today and it still sported the trackball. He even got all the accessories and everything so I think it is staying. He has the unboxing video up on youtube just a few hours ago.

Funny how people who have yet to use the trackpad automatically assume it's better than the trackball.

As for the rest, Salamandrin compared it to his Tour and it is indeed smaller, approaching Curve 8900 size. The Screen is physically smaller, as is the keyboard so how is it an upgrade over the bold if I prefer the bigger size of the Bold?

You will be hard-pressed to ever get me or anyone else to ever say the 480x360 is WAY better then the 480x320 of the Bold. You will never be able to tell the difference and in fact, you may end up preferring the Bold screen since it is larger and goes to the edges instead of having a black bevel edge around the screen.
    07-02-09 06:15 AM

Here is the latest build of the Onyx being unboxed today. Pay close attention to how small it is not only physically, but also the screen and keyboard.

If you notice... the screen may look bigger than the tour, it's only because it doesn't go to the edge once turned on. And is smaller.

So take this with a grain of salt for all you onyx lovers out there... It may say 9020, but this is clearly an upgrade for the 8900 since the only real difference between them, is a joined keyboard and 3G.
    07-02-09 06:19 AM
    i agree, bold is the BEST phone available right now
    07-02-09 06:23 AM
    i love my BOLD so muchh, however i'm waiting for Blackberry Magnum
    07-02-09 07:30 AM
    I love my bold but wish it had more app memory. Other than that my understanding is that the Bolds can multithread if not fully dual cored. I believ it was determined to be overkill so you won't be seeing that in future models. Then again I could be wrong... Still very happy with my Bold!

07-02-09 09:09 AM
    i <3 my bold.
    07-02-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD