OK...long time CB follower here, but haven't really had a question til now. Ususally just find my answer in the forums. There are many posts about phones going in the water...well what about just the battery? I was leaving my bathroom (I know I'm not the only one who takes their BB into the crapper) and while reaching for the light I dropped my Bold and the battery cover flies off and the battery goes directly into my dog's water bowl. The resulting splash was just enough to turn the tattle-tale white square pink in my Bold which landed screen down right next to the bowl. The battery was in the water for only a few seconds and the phone just got a little splash. Will this battery be OK? Will it hurt my phone if I put it back in? It's been about 45 minutes...any thoughts? Any advice would be much appreciated...

Thanks in advance
    06-29-09 02:56 AM
    Pop it into a baggie with some uncooked rice for a few hours. Better to not take chances with moisture. Afterwards, flush it with isopropyl alcohol to remove any trace minerals that can lead to corrosion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 03:07 AM
    Thanks for the reply...I'll give it a shot. I've read about the rice technique, but didn't know if it would apply to the battery...
    06-29-09 03:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD