07-29-09 11:54 AM
34 12
tools
    Not sure what the issue is, but something is very wrong. 247 seems to have a battery issue for some people, so 266 might fix it. I would take a close look at your apps, and be sure you are properly closing them. Could also be a hardware issue.
    I'm pretty anal with the apps, so most of them are always closed. While at work, my phone is usually tethered to my PC. So I'll see how this afternoon and tonight goes.
    04-21-09 01:27 PM
    @stankuo:

make sure you are properly closing unused apps. use the task switcher (hold down menu button) and close any app that shouldn't be running. note: some apps can't be completely closed (phone, browser, messages, blackberry messenger)
    Thanks Buster3535. A few people have pointed that out to me. I'm paying a lot more attention when I close apps now.
    04-21-09 02:07 PM
    I just got my bold. Switched from an 8830-WE (from VZ). This bold battery life sucks so far. I've dimmed the backlight to 10, changed the time that it goes out to the min 10-secs, turned off wifi and also blue-tooth, and it still sucks. Any other tricks?

So, I charged all night, left me house, had about a 45 minute commute to work today, received and read 5 emails (didn't send any), and typed about 40 words on bbm, get to work, and battery already down 20%. Don't want to get an extended life battery and have a thick phone like it was 1997 again. Hoping that after this "break-in" period it will get better. It's only been a few days.
    Try disabling the GPS options. I turned them off to test the battery today and it "seemed" to improve battery life. Not sure though.
    04-21-09 02:12 PM
    seidio 3500 extended battery still fits in the oem case? online, all the stores say it comes with another backdoor because it is thicker....?
    Yea I would like to know if this is true as well. Getting a extended battery seems like a good idea.
    04-21-09 02:13 PM
    im running .167 and have sales now, and thinkpost running both of which sync all my data ota which is a hog send about 50 to 100 emails a day 50 or more texts and few bb make on a light day 100 calls and use the net a bunch for everything battery lasts about 4 1/2 hours max before it's dead makes it till about lunch.

i know i use it alot so now i am debating between carrying an extra battery or getting the extended just not sure how much bigger it is actually going to get? anyone with similar usage and find a good solution
    also being next to a charger is not always available and when it is im using the phone the heaviest.
    04-24-09 05:17 PM
    the batter life issue is in every Mobile phone with 24/7 online connection ... try using EDGE ... it will help u stay longer
    04-24-09 05:19 PM
    hi you!!!
    1: buy another battery
    2: stop chat or with short time(have lunch)
    3: lower of bright in option-screen/keyboard
    4: sometime you check your bb and turn off apps run under not control and not necessary.
    07-29-09 10:45 AM
    Anyway you do it, your going to get crappy battery life its the price you pay for having these kinds of phones, either buy a new battery or be aware of your battery level, and plug it in before you go somewhere, but (and this is my opinion) what the point in buying the greatest phone ever and shutting down everything that makes it great.

Ok dim the screen a little,and do the standby thing, but the rest come on if your gonna go edge, kill the screen, and stop all of your apps, buy another phone its a lot cheaper, and a lot less frustrating.

mine gets 12 hours on a light day and about 7 on a busy one, got a spare battery, a double battery charger and a car charger, I stopped worrying about my battery and just enjoy my Bold as it was meant to be, georgous screen, amazing conectability, 3G, and playing with it, whenever and however i want.

running .291 Tmobile UK (great so far).
    Last edited by BmerBBlover; 07-29-09 at 11:20 AM.
    07-29-09 11:15 AM
    Anyway you do it, your going to get crappy battery life its the price you pay for having these kinds of phones, either buy a new battery or be aware of your battery level, and plug it in before you go somewhere, but (and this is my opinion) what the point in buying the greatest phone ever and shutting down everything that makes it great.

Ok dim the screen a little,and do the standby thing, but the rest come on if your gonna go edge, kill the screen, and stop all of your apps, buy another phone its a lot cheaper, and a lot less frustrating.

mine gets 12 hours on a light day and about 7 on a busy one, got a spare battery, a double battery charger and a car charger, I stopped worrying about my battery and just enjoy my Bold as it was meant to be, georgous screen, amazing conectability, 3G, and playing with it, whenever and however i want.

running .291 Tmobile UK (great so far).
    That's exactly what I do. Running on full 3G for the whole day, bought an extra battery, a desktop charger (so I can use the other battery when the one I'm using is drained) and use my fully function Bold including heavy internet browsing and BBM
    07-29-09 11:54 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD