Hey so I'm on the fence between BBs... the not-so-original battle between 8900 and bold

im a college student and the phone will mostly be for....
    texting, email, multiple alarms for the week, last minute essay editing, hour or 2 of music, 1 or 2 TV episode watching, picture taking and wifi web browsing(everywhere on campus).

After much research my main concern seems to be battery life, im used to iphone where i can charge it every other night... and kind of liek that length

i also wouldnt mind last minute convincing towards bold haha
    08-20-09 12:36 PM
    You going to have exactly the same problem with Bold... Battery life is poor and that's main complain about this wonderful machine... I got extra capacity battery so I do not have any more "power problems" any more. With 3000mAh accu my Bold works full day - about 11h...
    08-20-09 01:40 PM
    The Bold is definitely worth it. I use a charging pod at home and work, a car charger and a Case-Mate Fuel Holster that charges the Bold in the holster. It is a little work but no battery issues ever.
    08-20-09 02:23 PM
    i had the 8900 for a few months and will say that the battery life was great- i charged it every two days or so--- the bold, depending on ur usage, will be about every night...some days i can get away with not charging it at night, but the next afternoon i will have to charge it for a bit.....also a college student, and like the build of the bold much better- the 8900 feels very flimsy and feels like it will crack in half- bold is a bit more durable
    08-20-09 02:24 PM
    ok well i have had my bold for 6mnths I am on my thried one due to something always wrong with it and just bought a new battery . I could talk on it or use it for more than 2hrs when my batt is dieing . I luv bb but i am leaning towards an iphn.
    08-21-09 11:46 PM
    I own 3 9000's and 4 8900's so I can say from first hand experience that you should go with the Bold if money is no object. Just the 3G alone puts the 9000 clearly in front without even mentioning the faster processor, larger screen, larger/smoother keyboard, etc.

On the other hand, I'm a big 8900 fan for a lower end device. It has a great camera (Storm cam basically), sexier styling, super high res screen, etc. At least it still has wifi even though no 3G.

You can't go wrong either way but it's common knowledge that the Bold is RIM's high end physical keyboard device where the Curve series (83XX, 85XX, 89XX) is targeted for low end price point.

Good luck they're both awesome devices. At least you're not considering getting a junky Palm or WinMo device
    08-21-09 11:58 PM
    ok I have had the bold for 6mths I am on my 3rd one due too soo many problems with it. and just recently bought a new battery due to mine dies after an hour or 2.. He gets really hot when i am on the phn that I cant hold it up to my ear it so freaking. I luved all my othe bb I've had the pearl and the curve. So now I am leaning towards a iphn. But just feel I cant let go of the bb just yet.
    08-22-09 12:39 AM
    im using a BB bold and i find that as long as i dont have beejive on and im on 2G only in network mode, it lasts me pretty much from 8am to 2am the next day
    08-22-09 12:41 AM
    I never turn my 3g on, it drains the battery really fast..
    08-22-09 01:05 AM
    ok I have had the bold for 6mths I am on my 3rd one due too soo many problems with it. and just recently bought a new battery due to mine dies after an hour or 2.. He gets really hot when i am on the phn that I cant hold it up to my ear it so freaking. I luved all my othe bb I've had the pearl and the curve. So now I am leaning towards a iphn. But just feel I cant let go of the bb just yet.
    Try changing your OS?
    08-22-09 08:25 AM
    Battery life on my Bold is pretty good I can't really complain because I use it so much that I'm surprised it lasts that long!...the doesn't allow u to run programs in the background so ofcourse is going to last a lot longer, I had an unlocked Iphone 3G and had this app called backgrounder which allows u to run programs in the background and trust me compared to my Bold the Iphones battery was nothin compared to my Bold when running programs in the background...
    08-22-09 08:38 AM
    My bolds battery usually lasts me about 2 days, im on the phone all the time answering emails and stuff like that, i actually de-branded my phone, and that cleared up alot of problems of mine, not too many people are fond of de-branding, so id reccomend just staying up to date on the latest OS updates that are out there.
    08-22-09 09:10 AM
    If you get in the habit of charging your Bold every night, batt life is a very small issue especially if you have a car charger and two pod chargers as well as the Case Mate Fuel holster.
    08-22-09 12:05 PM
    i love my bold and the batter life just charge it nightly
    08-22-09 12:07 PM
    At least with my bold, unless I am sitting around with wifi on and am listening to music for hours on end, I usually have about half of my battery left at the end of a day. It might be due to me putting less demands on my phone than most people though. I would go for the bold though anyway :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD