I purchased a refurbished Bold from AT&T on Wednesday, switching from verizon. Everything was going great, played with it all day yesterday, and everything was great. Today, my battery life fell through the floor. Here's the pertinant details:
    9000/4.6.0.266
    Plugged in overnight
    Unplugged at 6:30am EDT
    20% at 11:15 EDT

Usage:
    Ubertwitter @ 30 min update
    BeWeather @ 1 hour update
    Moderate web browsing
    Gtalk
    Light texting
    Brief google maps usage

The last odd thing is that when I plugged it into my computer, it would bot charge.

Any thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 10:19 AM
    Could be a bad battery. Stuff updating in the background has a big effect, but I wouldn't think that big.
    05-08-09 10:23 AM
    I figured the intervals were reasonable enough when I set it up, but I shut them down to slow the burn.

Any idea why it won't charge off of my work computer?

05-08-09 10:36 AM
    First, eliminate the phone itself by seeing if it will charge from the wall charger. If it will take a charge from the wall, we know it's something to do either with the cable or the PC. Try different USB ports, even try plugging it into a different computer.
    05-08-09 10:48 AM
    I swapped out a different USB cable, and it looked like it was getting a charge (battery icon changed) for a short period of time, before going back to the non-charging icon.

I don't have access to a wall or car charger, but I'm going to try plugging the usb cable into my monitor to see if it will act as a powered hub.

No dice, gave me about 5 seconds of charging before going off.

Last edited by mantheron; 05-08-09 at 11:52 AM.
    05-08-09 11:43 AM
    Well if you have a slow drain on your batteries, try upgrading your OS and make sure you don't have any programs (you don't want) runnin in the background. Press alt+blackberry button to see.
    05-08-09 03:05 PM
    I swapped out a different USB cable, and it looked like it was getting a charge (battery icon changed) for a short period of time, before going back to the non-charging icon.

I don't have access to a wall or car charger, but I'm going to try plugging the usb cable into my monitor to see if it will act as a powered hub.

No dice, gave me about 5 seconds of charging before going off.

Sounds like a bad battery. They have an internal chip to self regulate. If that's bad, it will not charge properly.
    05-08-09 03:08 PM
    You have a bad battery. Or at the least a bad connection.
    05-08-09 03:31 PM
    It charged last night via a wall plug and lasted all day. I haven't tried plugging it into any of my computers at home yet to see if it's just an issue with my work PC or all usb.

Is there any good way to test to see if it's specifically the chip in the battery and get AT&T to replace that?

05-09-09 08:35 PM
    that is definitely NOT normal! i dropped my brand new bold today and cracked the screen and am getting a new one from asurion. the battery life should be exactly the same if i use the same battery right?
    05-09-09 09:09 PM
    do you keep it on sleep mode when you dont use it? if not then try to do that
    it could save ur battery life for a while longer
    05-10-09 05:37 AM
    It's a battery problem. Get a replacement.
    05-10-09 12:27 PM
    what other 3rd party apps do you have?
    05-10-09 01:59 PM
    maybe There are some apps still run but you don't out it. or your battery not good. you can combine 2 ways
    1: check carefully your bb before sleep
    2: replace your battery
    07-29-09 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD