I have searched everywhere on Google and here for this, so if I missed something I am sorry.

As of right now, I am using os 6.0 bundle 2333 from VZW. Lately in the past month or so, my battery has been dying fast. I'll charge it all the way. I'll take it off the charger and use it for maybe 15 mins for texting, BBMing and maybe a little facebook and the batter will lose 5%.

I only have the 4 apps running in the background and berryweather updating once every hour.

The only other thing that has changed is that I have been using an LG charger. Though I have searched everywhere and asked here about using that the power chord and everyone seems to agree that there is no issue.
    08-04-11 02:09 PM
    I have searched everywhere on Google and here for this, so if I missed something I am sorry.

As of right now, I am using os 6.0 bundle 2333 from VZW. Lately in the past month or so, my battery has been dying fast. I'll charge it all the way. I'll take it off the charger and use it for maybe 15 mins for texting, BBMing and maybe a little facebook and the batter will lose 5%.

I only have the 4 apps running in the background and berryweather updating once every hour.

The only other thing that has changed is that I have been using an LG charger. Though I have searched everywhere and asked here about using that the power chord and everyone seems to agree that there is no issue.
    How old is your battery? After a year, the battery is less able to retain a full charge, IMO. Also, how's your signal? Weak signals cause the battery to work overtime.

Also, not to be disrespectful, but you have no idea how many processes are running on your phone at one time. It numbers in the 30's. I tried an app called Whats running in my phone and I found 54 processes running. I imagine they all contribute to battery wear and tear. And yes, some of them are always on apps, like Be Buzz and BeWeather, Social Scope etc. But many, many of them are not. They are phone processes. So I would not be too alarmed at your battery just yet.

However, if you could try a different one (as in newer) you might be happier. Also, I was tired of watching my battery all the time, so I bought an extended one. End of worrying about the battery!!!
    08-04-11 08:16 PM
    08-05-11 08:20 AM
    08-05-11 01:08 PM
    King of the Links! :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    LOL, you know me!
    08-05-11 01:11 PM
    I got this free app called Battery Saver from app world... honestly it's been working wonders. Even with wifi going it is holding a charge like crazy.

Thanks for the feedback btw. Appreciate it and will be looking into these for an even longer-lasting battery.
    08-05-11 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD