My bold buttons are not working for some reason. Must be the numerous drops, etc. I have insurance on it but don't know what that covers. Question: I have backed it up. If I somehow get a new bold, can I restore that backup to the new phone and not lose my 3rd party applications and themes?
    06-19-09 09:08 AM
    My bold buttons are not working for some reason. Must be the numerous drops, etc. I have insurance on it but don't know what that covers. Question: I have backed it up. If I somehow get a new bold, can I restore that backup to the new phone and not lose my 3rd party applications and themes?
    Yes, you can use the backup to restore to the new phone.
    06-19-09 09:10 AM
    I did the back up and restore to mine Wed when I got my new bold. I did have to do a battery pull afterwards it seemed to be missing a few things. All the settings were perfect after the battery pull, just like the one I had before.
    06-19-09 10:16 AM
    when you restored your bb, did you get all your other programs? ones that didn't come with the bold originally?
    06-19-09 10:25 AM
    Very timely thread for me. I just ordered a warranty replacement today. Obviously, when it comes I am going to updrade the OS to .266. I have a question on the order of doing things. My thought is that I should back up the old Bold, then upgrade the OS on the new one, then restore the apps to the new one. Is this correct, or is there a better way to do it?
    06-19-09 11:40 AM
    Some third party paid apps are tied to the BB pin, so it will depend on them to let you transfer the license to your new BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD